Insurence for young and convicted drivers :/

Currently reading:
Insurence for young and convicted drivers :/

I cant give you a legal way of getting you back in a car, the only way you can go from here is 50cc bike or scooter as stated above. least it will get you "a years road experience".
Also don't worry about the other guy, Karma will catch up with him soon enough ;)

And guy's give him a brake, he didn't claim off his insurance so didn't cost "you lot" anything?? He's got enough to worry about that revoke/ban lasts on this licence for 4years but in insurance terms "Have you had any convictions in the last 5 years"

I cant give you a legal way of getting you back in a car, the only way you can go from here is 50cc bike or scooter as stated above. least it will get you "a years road experience".
Also don't worry about the other guy, Karma will catch up with him soon enough ;)

And guy's give him a brake, he didn't claim off his insurance so didn't cost "you lot" anything?? He's got enough to worry about that revoke/ban lasts on this licence for 4years but in insurance terms "Have you had any convictions in the last 5 years"

I think he didn't claim because he couldn't. I'd be amazed if an insurance co paid out on that scenario - although someone would have had to shell out for the lamppost?

Alex "you're forgetting a lot of people on here are perfect and have never even thought of doing something dodgey or illegal". Well, I drew the line at handing over the keys to a one and a half ton lethal weapon.
And "how does that even help him? i'm sure he knows all of this why state the obvious? " Obvious to most yes, but seemingly not that obvious to the OP.
About time people stopped & thought about consequences of their actions rather than simply blindly doing something because it 'seemed like a laugh at the time'

hey man, i passed my test 4 months ago, i am 23 (22 when i got my insurance quote) and live in a medium/high post code area. i was looking at a punto for a first car, however my lowest insurance price was £2300. i insted went with a group 1 insurance fiat cinquecento which i am paying £1645 for. the only thing you can do for cheep insurance is get a group 1 insurance car. it helps.
if all else fails get a moped for a year or 2. on my 100cc bike my first insurance quote was £230.
heh my 100cc bike could wipe the floor with any 125cc bike. real quick and way more fun than a car.. cheeper all around too.

thats about all i can help you with.

if you have the money i guess new(er) cars are nice.. when your like me and trying to get by on a cats whisker any old banger will do.

in saying that, i want my next car to be a fiat panda 4x4 classic >_<
not much of an upgrade, but if i could afford it the car i would be driving around in is a split screen VW camper.... or a DB7 .. lol

I think he didn't claim because he couldn't. I'd be amazed if an insurance co paid out on that scenario - although someone would have had to shell out for the lamppost?

Alex "you're forgetting a lot of people on here are perfect and have never even thought of doing something dodgey or illegal". Well, I drew the line at handing over the keys to a one and a half ton lethal weapon.
And "how does that even help him? i'm sure he knows all of this why state the obvious? " Obvious to most yes, but seemingly not that obvious to the OP.
About time people stopped & thought about consequences of their actions rather than simply blindly doing something because it 'seemed like a laugh at the time'

I reckon the ear bashing he Most likely got off the police, his parents and friends not to mention the ban, points, fines and huge extra cost in insurance will have had more of an affect than a few words from somebody he doesn't know on a forum ;)

at the end of the day he just want some advice on where to look for insurance, not stuff he has likely been told many times before.

Back on topic though as I said those gps type boxes can work out cheap, my mate has 3 points and has been banned, got insured for 1300 on a Clio 6k miles a year, he's with insurethebox.

Last edited:

Lamp posts don't come cheap though so I suspect the land owner claimed, resulting in a hit for everyone ;)

dont be surprized by 10 grand for a 1.2 punto, it doesnt matter what engine is in ur car , you can kill some1 at 10mph, i think you need to grow up a little before you own a car, get a bike or somthing

Emmm, if anyone wants a lamp post, theres one outside my bedroom, you know right next to the window, kind of making it impossible to sleep at night.

Lamp post, the most pointless invention out there.

As for the Op, i feel sorry for you man, i hope you make it through, shame about your car, but you did a nice thing letting a friend practice in your car, regardless of it being illegal i can't fault you for that, and besides the cost of premiums these days, should cover much more then policies give, you'l make it through though :).

Migs

No response from the OP to my points that he could not possibly have been sent to the crown court for these offences, which makes me wonder if any of it is true.

No response from the OP to my points that he could not possibly have been sent to the crown court for these offences, which makes me wonder if any of it is true.

He hasn't signed in for days. Probably seen the "helpful" replies from some people and decided not to bother coming back.

Big mistakes have been made by the op and he is gonna have to either take the bus or take a shafting. Doubt there's any other way around it.

I've done worse I had a similar scenario but mine was letting someone ride a mini moto in a public place same points/court summons altho I didn't loose my licence I never one declared the points when getting quotes, also I bet half of you Lot that have had a go at the op has either had your child on your lap on a QUEIT field beach or other public place, when it come to driving nobody is perfect Imo I think alot of you have been harsh to this lad, people come on these forums for help and advice and that is all the op has asked for yet alot (not everyone) has given him a ball ache about it, I guess the politically correct, 'perfect' drivers on here need to learn the basics all over again, if you ain't got anything nice to say don't bother,
We all make mistakes just not everyone gets caught

Lee

Last edited:
I've done worse I had a similar scenario but mine was letting someone ride a mini moto in a public place same points/court summons altho I didn't loose my licence I never one declared the points when getting quotes, also I bet half of you Lot that have had a go at the op has either had your child on your lap on a QUEIT field beach or other public place, when it come to driving nobody is perfect Imo I think alot of you have been harsh to this lad, people come on these forums for help and advice and that is all the op has asked for yet alot (not everyone) has given him a ball ache about it, I guess the politically correct, 'perfect' drivers on here need to learn the basics all over again, if you ain't got anything nice to say don't bother,
We all make mistakes just not everyone gets caught

Lee

I believe that what I and others have said have been perfectly ok. We've not been rude so I think your 'can't say anything nice' comment is completely uncalled for!

If OP didn't want criticism then they shouldn't have posted. Sure I've been done for speeding, asked for advice and had similar. Did it bother me, no, tbh I expected it and people's points were valid.

We're not all saints, but the difference is what some people do are on different levels and what OP has done, letting an uninsured driver with no experience loose behind the wheel of a car in a public place, IMO isn't far off the same levels as drink driving.

I wouldn't go as far as saying it's as bad as drink driving but that's my opinion, and I learnt to drive basically in a car park with no experience but that would have been perfectly acceptable 40 odd yrs ago wouldn't it ?? Yet 1 person messes up and there are all the people willing to tell him what he has already learnt and nobody here to actually offer his/her advice

Lee

nobody here to actually offer his/her advice
I raised some points which need to be answered. If the OP was indeed sent to crown court for these offences he can appeal and have the convictions removed as the crown court have no power to deal with these offences.

If he wasn't sent to crown court, why did he say he was. And why use terminology (aid and abet) which a court would not use in those circumstances.

as bad as drink driving? are you for real.. :ROFLMAO:

he let a mate drive his car in a car park, a mate who had a driving test coming up, i didn't read anywhere that his mate had no experience..?

with a test coming up i'd imagine he had quite a bit of road experience.

with a test coming up i'd imagine he had quite a bit of road experience.

Or was just a **** driver managing to demolish a lamp post and flip a car ina car park!!

Stats show an uninsured driver is 10 times more likely to have an accident, similar to someone on the phone or at the DD limit. So yes I am for real!

Or was just a **** driver managing to demolish a lamp post and flip a car ina car park!!

Stats show an uninsured driver is 10 times more likely to have an accident, similar to someone on the phone or at the DD limit. So yes I am for real!

so if you had no choice other than to take a lift from either someone without insurance or someone who was drunk, you wouldn't be able to chose?

Like what out of interest :confused:

Can start by removing the high priced excess added to some policies, then throw in legal cover, breakdown cover and cover cover at no extra cost!

And the word sporting on say a punto for instance making the insurance rocket? what aload of bull...

Back