Insurance

Currently reading:
Insurance

jaydee277

HEY ALL,

Bloody insurance companys are scum...

Who did everyone else go with?? I've been getting some shocking quotes.
For example 1700 is the best ive found with churchill and im 17, Thats not normal is it?

Post it up PPL.

Jay-Dee

Well, if thats comprehensive its not surprising. If its third party you should be able to find a lower price, bear in mind sporting versions of the Sei and Cinq are an extra insurance group higher than the tiddly 899s ;).

Looking at third party for my Sei Sporting when I was 17 it was costing about 1400.

Kev

makrs and spencer are good a tidy quote with rac breakdown cover throughout uk and europe..
just dont crash
800 quid excess i got
www.confused.com
is really good

Well, if thats comprehensive its not surprising. If its third party you should be able to find a lower price, bear in mind sporting versions of the Sei and Cinq are an extra insurance group higher than the tiddly 899s ;).

Looking at third party for my Sei Sporting when I was 17 it was costing about 1400.

Kev

Oh Yeah... Forgot to mention, That quote was for 3rd Party!

And its a Cinq Sporting, But still a 1.1 is very small.

I'm with DirectLine;

At 20, insuring my sporting cost £630 TPFT w/ £100 excess.
At 21 and with 1 year no-claims it came down to £380. I expect my renewal at 22 with 2 years no-claims to be about £310 or thereabouts.

James

Way too much.... what you putting in for value and mileage? Can you garage it?
I paid £1130 TPFT at 17 last year on mine with Churchill
Now I pay £463.69 TPFT with More Than with 1 years NCB at 18

Ahem,:eek: 32, license for two and a half years, 3 years no claims(thankyou admiral for fleecing me on the bonus accelerator for a couple of years) £141 TPFT, 3000 miles, £100 excess with Budget through moneysupermarket.com:D

And before anyone says "yeah but you're old and you get cheap insurance"
My first third party only 10 month policy when I passed aged 30 with Admiral on a D reg micra 1.0 4door valued at £120 cost me £895 odd:eek:

Insurance companies are robbing b@st@rds, but.........
Every whiplash compo claim ups OUR premiums.

Im paying about £700 with all mods declared with norwich union, not bad really with mods, fully comp, brakedown, 20 years old, 2 years no claims

Way too much.... what you putting in for value and mileage? Can you garage it?
I paid £1130 TPFT at 17 last year on mine with Churchill
Now I pay £463.69 TPFT with More Than with 1 years NCB at 18
I have been putting in around 10,000 Miles Per Year and value around 1000quid. Is it cheaper to put in Higher or lower miles and value???
No garage but parked on private property.

It's been said on here before but i'll still say it quietly......
ssh!....Even if your speedo clocks up 100,000 miles in an insurance year how can your insurance company ever prove who was driving for those miles? Mine have never even asked for the mileometer reading!
My car gets used by all my mates cos it's the cheapest car mpg wise for going and collecting all the junk that we buy off fleabay, similarly going down the shop for munch so the miles in my car AREN'T all clocked up by me.
As for the value, some companies won't insure stuff worth less than a grand, I had this problem with Tesco IIRC.
Also, and this is a valuable one to you: Put someone older than you that's had a license since cars were invented on your policy as a named driver, your mum, your dad, your uncle bob, anyone, even if they're never gonna drive it! Try it on the quote engines and marvel at the reduction you get. A couple of guys at work showed me this. I've got 3 named drivers on my policy 2 of whom aren't as ancient as me but have had their licenses longer and it still brings the quotes down(y)

Back