Insurance is a pain in my arts

Currently reading:
Insurance is a pain in my arts

My current insurance is due for renewal on the 7th July, but I still haven't recieved my renewal notice in the post. So, I rang them today to see what the deal was, they told me it was sent out on the 11th!! Anyway, the lady on the phone was helpful (American) and told me what my renenwal would be on the car I have now (Ford Ka), which is fine, gone down by £10 a month HAHA. Anyways, I have a 500 Lounge on order, and when shopping around for quotes the insurers i'm with now came out cheapest (saves a lot of hassle?) so I asked them if they could give me a quote for the new car...now, bearing in mind the quote they gave me on the internet was £789 for the year in full. The quote they gave me on the phone.....£2119!!!!! HOW CAN THIS BE!! So i've gone back to the original internet quote and got the reference and gonna give them a ring to see what it would be monthly. The only problem I have is that I am sort of expecting my new car to be here before my current policy runs out, and I obviously don't want to cancel it and lose my 1 year no claims. I need help please!!?
Sorry for the looooonnnnggg rant :worship:

They should be able to amend the existing policy, and based on the online quote on a pro-rata basis (ie. adjust up or down for the remaining months left). There may be an admin fee for a mid-term adjustment and any difference will likely have to be paid up front as the monthly payments are usually done on a finance agreement which is hassle to adjust.

They should be able to amend the existing policy, and based on the online quote on a pro-rata basis (ie. adjust up or down for the remaining months left). There may be an admin fee for a mid-term adjustment and any difference will likely have to be paid up front as the monthly payments are usually done on a finance agreement which is hassle to adjust.

Thanks for the reply. The main thing i'm concerned about is my current insurance running out for my Ka before I get the 500, and then having to renew it on my Ka for at most, a few days, then there's the 7 day free insurance from the dealer. I'm thinking that my car will be with me at the end of the month as the dealer rang me on the 7th and said it was built and waiting for transit. So I might just leave the insurance to run on my Ka till the end, tell the insurers not to renew and then use the full 7 day insurance from the dealer, then start a new policy once the 7 days are up. That way, I don't have to faff around substituting one car for another. :D

Buy your insurance for the 500 but say that you want to change it to the ford KA for the Minimum change over term as like a courtesy car. That way you can drive the KA for a week or so or the 500 whenever it comes in as you will technically be insured on both Cars although you can only be driving one at a time.

Buy your insurance for the 500 but say that you want to change it to the ford KA for the Minimum change over term as like a courtesy car. That way you can drive the KA for a week or so or the 500 whenever it comes in as you will technically be insured on both Cars although you can only be driving one at a time.

Thanks for the advice :) think ive got it sorted now. The dealer told me yesterday that i'll have my car by the end of the month (next week) and that they're sorting my 7 day insurance out. If it works out that way i'll still have about a week left on my policy for the KA so i'm just gonna let that run till the 7th (even if i no longer have the KA), ring them and tell them i'm not renewing, and then start a new policy for the 500 (y)

Back