insurance for young drivers ?

Currently reading:
insurance for young drivers ?

not bad tbh :)
Your 21 and first car
waiting 3 years it's already shaved off about £400ish

Wait till next year :) keep the insurance clean and its gonna be around 650 - 750 :)

Ziggy

650-750 will be alright!! Need to stay clean though!!

Most of my quotes were £2000+. Tesco fully comp was £4500!!! HAHA My car is only worth £2k

Adrian Flux was best for me by far!.

Not bad.

Must say, my earlier post refering to my premiums thought I'd mention that I am fully comp, no third party poo because I don't understand the use of it fully?

A few years with clean insurance and the price will dramatically drop, just got to grin and bare it for the first 2 or 3 years.

I'd always go with fully comp because if i wasn't after my crash i would of been left with nothing.

I got 1.4 500 i've only been driving over a year im 18 and my insurance with churchill is £560.

xxxx
xxx
xx
x

If i got fully comp on my punto i was looking around £3000+ with most offers. Its cheaper for me to buy a new punto if i have a crash (touch wood i don't)

i've probly been on every insurance site going and NEVER have i ever seen any difference by adding pass plus... :S

also.. im a 17yo with a 08 reg grande punto (which im paying for myselfnot mummy and daddy... (to make a point...:)) on order and i have only had a licence 2 months and the cheapest quote ive ever seen for my car is £2200.. :( which is all my money gone.. :(
also, even looking for cover for other cars i've never had any luck finding a single quopte under £2000.. im guessing insurance people dont like me.. :( and why not. i live in a goodish (i think) area and everything...

move out,that will show em ;)

The best I could get was £1600 a yr. 18 years old, Only driver on the policy, for a 1.2 Grande punto. Thats from Kwik Fit

I find the area you live in makes a huge difference, each insurance site has their own database of the amount of claims made in each area, so they alter their premiums accordingly for that area.

Does anyone know what the best thing to do about insurance, if I were to mod the car up, for example im looking at an induction kit, new wheels, a body kit, tinted rear windows.

Do I tell my insurance company?

try prestige insurance if u got any motoring convinctions
i give them ma details and they didnt ask.. give me a quote of 2.3k den wen i prompted them i had a speed conviction he input it and there was no change in price :)
jus a lil tip i thought to share

Does anyone know what the best thing to do about insurance, if I were to mod the car up, for example im looking at an induction kit, new wheels, a body kit, tinted rear windows.

Doh, of course you do, if you want to be properly insured if you to claim (regardless of fault) :rolleyes: Insurance companies will use any excuse to wriggle out of a claim - some companies would not pay up at all

The best I could get was £1600 a yr. 18 years old, Only driver on the policy, for a 1.2 Grande punto. Thats from Kwik Fit

I find the area you live in makes a huge difference, each insurance site has their own database of the amount of claims made in each area, so they alter their premiums accordingly for that area.

YES! Tell the insurance company man, otherwise your insurance is just void anyway if you do have yourself a bump or a crash. I got myself alloys etc. on my old punto and ended up crashing and was glad I had them insured otherwise I would have been fooked right over!! It's not worth taking the risk to be honest, but it is up to you at the end of the day. It's your money :p

Your insurance will go up dramatically adding that many mod's at your age etc. Sorry to say, but thats the harsh truth of it as I know from past experiences lol.

YES! Tell the insurance company man, otherwise your insurance is just void anyway if you do have yourself a bump or a crash. I got myself alloys etc. on my old punto and ended up crashing and was glad I had them insured otherwise I would have been fooked right over!! It's not worth taking the risk to be honest, but it is up to you at the end of the day. It's your money :p

Your insurance will go up dramatically adding that many mod's at your age etc. Sorry to say, but thats the harsh truth of it as I know from past experiences lol.

Dead right! From an official source!

im wiv quinn direct i have a 1999 T reg mk1 Punto, no mods
...im 17, no pass plus, male and got it £1,200 full comp for the year:p

Last edited:
Back