Insurance claim against me after 14 months

Currently reading:
Insurance claim against me after 14 months

Hi all.

I need some advice.
I get a call last week from my old motorbike insurance company called MCE. They were asking me if I had any accident or collison in March 2013 which I didn't had.They said to me that I may get a call again from company Dukes Law. Dukes Law send me a letter that I need to contact them about that claim which is made against me.
So I called them and the lady said that there was accident and I damage that guy left side of the car. I was like WHAT ? I told her that I never had any accidents and I was never involved in one.
but what is weird my insurance policy with mce expire on 7.2.14 I they gave me 1 ncb. Then I insured my bike with other company from march, and Now I sold the bike.

The lady from Dukes Law said that she will send me the email address beause she will try to sort that out so she said she need my pics of my face and the pics of the bike. but after that that company didnt contact me.

What should I do with that ?
I get that claim against me after 14 months. Looks weird.

Thanks for help.

As far as I know claims for accidents in vehicles only stay live for 6 months, or so I was told by my insurance company.

Last edited:
Ignore it.

Firstly, Insurance companies don't need pics of your face, secondly there's no proof against you doing anything or causing damage, so where's the claim from and where's the evidence? they can't prove anything.

Going further (of this is in any way genuine) at best will be admitting fault for something that didn't happen, but tbh it sounds more like a scammer or chancer.

Last edited:
When I was on the phone with that lady from that company she dont even said to me where that happen. She just only said that it was 25 of march 2013 and that was tuesday. I can remember that day because I was at work at that time from 8 to 6.
About that pics of my face and of my bike, she said she will need it because she need to show them to that person that made a claim. Sound weird. Now Im waiting for a call from them if there will be one, so I will ask them where that happen and what time and if they got any proof of it so I could see it.

If you are 100% sure you were at work, tell this person so. Tell them it couldn't possibly have been you since you were at work all day as can be verified by ... boss, colleagues, timesheet, computer login or any other method which may be used to show you were at work.
Tell them that you can provide proof of all this if they send you a letter which you would need to show your boss in order to release that info.

In a court of law, do they not have to prove guilt rather than you prove innocence?

Also, keep an eye on your premiums etc. It may be that someone is being a chancer & the amount might be so piddly that your ins. co. will pay it without even bothering to defend you - since they can just mark it down on your record.

no civil court is not guilt its based on the probability of guilt
criminal law is proved beyond all reasonable doubt
in civil law they just need to show a balance of probabilities
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_law_(common_law)

if they want a picture, insist they send you a camera. face it the insurance company is messing around mess them around.

I would send a picture of someone else first, to see if they say it was you.

Back