insurance...17yr old, mk1 punto 1.1 £1100

Currently reading:
insurance...17yr old, mk1 punto 1.1 £1100

Matty132900

and that as a named driver on my mums policy and only third party fire and theft! my mate pays £1800 on a peugeot 306 1.6 glx wtf? anyone out there tell me a better insurance company (with quinn direct atm) im in the process of modding my car eg. colour coded bumpers, alloy wheels, sound system, tinted rear lights, halo headlights....etc just to add personall touches and asked how much the insurance would be affected and with no engine mods to make it go faster and a top notch toad alarm fitted perfessionally i got quoted.......£2300 <- thats half my salary as still at college! i cant afford it! anyone no any cheaper car insurers...ill have 1 yrs no claims in march hopefully :worship:

im going on my dad's insurance hopefully, as to insure my uno on my own at 17 will be 900 lol.. so im just gunna try and get on his and drive his cherokee for abit til i have my own lisence andd more money lol...
and surely if you declare the mods but say that you dont want them covered?

Last edited:
hows it illegal she pays £121 for her policy on the car and i pay the rest of the amount £971 for my policy, i rang the insurance after i passed and said that i had passed and wanted to change the insurance to a full licence holder and they did with no quibbles. anyways next march i wanna change it to be a policy of my own but dont wanna pay above the odds any ideas of insurance companys and ill ring the aa tommorrow btw ive heard direct line are pretty gud?

ok you sed that its illegal but as a named driver with tesco.....

Your quote

Your car insurance quote is
£35.00 a month

Premium includes Insurance Premium Tax where applicable
Your payment breakdown

Deposit (Credit/Debit card) £74.55

1st instalment (Direct Debit) £34.97

Remaining 9 instalments £35.00

APR 24.1 %

Total amount payable £424.52

thats amazing! and i work for tesco so i get 10% off that on top! w00t

off topic a bit but anyone no what size window wipers are on a fiat punto mk1? wanna replace them with the aero flat ones?(are they gud)

If the car is in your name and you are the main/only driver, the policy must be in your name, not your mum's or that is fronting. It will land you in a whole heap of trouble if you need to claim, i.e they may refuse to pay out and you could be left with a monster bill if you hit someone. By all means, have your mum as a named driver on YOUR policy ... this is what Dave is saying :)

It makes more financial sense in the long run to spend less on the car, insure it in their name and let them build up their no-claims discount

Theres an answer

I pay £1300 a year on my Stilo (£110 a month). I dont think that is to bad to be honest.

Its with more than who worked out the cheapest. But its a case of pay peanuts get monkeys so its a good job i dont have to speak to there call centres that often :p.

I have 1 years NCB which really helped, and hopefully next year it will come down to lower then 1k with 2 years NCB :chin:.

They know all about my accident last year as well (luckily i had just passed my test and was stil on my mums insurance. :rolleyes:

thx for the advise! i rang up the insurance company today and changed it to me being the named driver with my mum on my policy. had to pay £120 extra but worth it now i no i wont get done! w--t

thanks again for advise!

Back