Styling instrument panel

Currently reading:
Styling instrument panel

charlieboy

Prominent member
i had my instrument panel out to change the leds(they look sort of orangy tho) an thort " what if the raised cover thingy on top of the dials could also be red......."

what do ppl think, look good or look bad?

sounds interestin... I'm about to start modding that area (making internal dial surround metallic blue like I did to my old laptop) and was wondering what the best colour would be... was going to go for blue... but I'd guess red would be cool on a red Uno... altho I'd LOVE to try a UV job... and I think it'd work but I'd need to use a cold cathode UV tube to get it lit evenly... some of the ones for PCs could fit with a little umm *cough* persuasion? I know I'd have to sort out an inverter that would deal with a cars more erratic voltage...

have pics now, im quite happy with how its turned out too

Attachments

• DSC00467.JPG
    DSC00467.JPG
    573.7 KB · Views: 42
  • DSC00468.JPG
    DSC00468.JPG
    546.6 KB · Views: 29
turned nice IMO. I have a different plan in mind!! Since I have white dials I'm goin to cover the part that you painted in carbon fibre film.I think it will look good!! What do you think??

tht was my other option, so im gna pick another cover peice up from scrappys and cover it in carbon fibre and see if it looks any better.

carbon fibre with white will look better than it would with black dials

I did mine in silver first but didnt like the result so i stuck carbon fibre film on top instead. Looks much better now. I've also stuck some of it around other places in the car such as my steering wheel and on the heater face panel etc just in small areas. Looks good IMO. That red looks good too!! :D

F R O $ T Y

Drinu said:
Have a look at this thread!! This is what I did with my car

https://www.fiatforum.com/showthread.php?t=20644

BTW be careful with UV as it not exactly healthy for the eyes...I was gonna do them that way but I did some research on the internet and UV can be carcegenous to the eyes.

Hope it helps

Wats this about the eyes :eek: , I got a UV interior light, (ya know the one that turns on wen u open the door) is it a bad idea to have it?

Had it for about 2 months now

well let's just say that its like using ur mobile phone for long periods of time...its not gonna kill you but its not good for ur health now is it??

Back