Styling Installing Sei seats in a Cinq

Currently reading:
Styling Installing Sei seats in a Cinq

im looking at getting sei seats for my cinq to replace my old snapped, fookered set :D cheaper to ;)

i was just wondering how easy it is to swap seats :chin: im thinking the fronts shouldnt be to hard, but the rears im worried about :cry: :eek:

after looking at pictures of them, the rears seem to be 60/40 split, whereas cinq ones arn't. im a bit worried as after reading a thread in the punto section :eek: (damn punto bods making me paranoid! :mad: )

are the sei seats like the punto ones, and need a bracket in the middle where they split?

also, from what ive read, the sei ones dont fit on cinq brackets!, is this just simple like getting some sei ones and swapping the brackets, or will i need to fabricate my own :confused:

Attachments

• PA160155.jpg
    PA160155.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 27
Last edited:
serin said:
im looking at getting sei seats for my cinq to replace my old snapped, fookered set :D cheaper to ;)

i was just wondering how easy it is to swap seats :chin: im thinking the fronts shouldnt be to hard, but the rears im worried about :cry: :eek:

after looking at pictures of them, the rears seem to be 60/40 split, whereas cinq ones arn't. im a bit worried as after reading a thread in the punto section :eek: (damn punto bods making me paranoid! :mad: )

are the sei seats like the punto ones, and need a bracket in the middle where they split?

also, from what ive read, the sei ones dont fit on cinq brackets!, is this just simple like getting some sei ones and swapping the brackets, or will i need to fabricate my own :confused:

Just fitting the sei rear seat brackets will sort your problem, or the cinq ones can be modified ;)

ah good :D

the seats dont have any brackets, hence why there cheap :D

nothings needed in the center :confused: excellent (y)

how do the cinq brackets need modifying? will the need chopping up and welding, or just bending to shape?

serin said:
ah good :D

the seats dont have any brackets, hence why there cheap :D

how do the cinq brackets need modifying? will the need chopping up and welding, or just bending to shape?

Cant remember what needs doing, do a search ;) - its pretty much covered somewhere in the depths of the cinq forum. Or just ask Chris when you pick the seats up, he knows how to fit em :)

serin said:

The fronts should be a straight swap. The rears should have come with a wierd bracket which fits in around the middle of the split (at the bottom back) and fits into the rear wheel well. Dunno about Cinqs (but didn't the sporting have split rears?) but non Sporting Seis have all the appropriate holes and threads (it's just a matter of finding them).

fingers99 said:
The fronts should be a straight swap. The rears should have come with a wierd bracket which fits in around the middle of the split (at the bottom back) and fits into the rear wheel well. Dunno about Cinqs (but didn't the sporting have split rears?) but non Sporting Seis have all the appropriate holes and threads (it's just a matter of finding them).

Sporting has solid back seats

ive had this problem, the rears are a pain in the arse, the front swivel bit fits to a whole in the floor already, the rear sides dont line up at all, and the back swivel bit, well i dont have that bit yet! :D but i cant see any holes for it atm.. anyway just do it, have my 40 bit folded down with the subs behind it so i get straigh sound with no barrier ;)

Right,

the sei rears have a little bracket that goes at the front to keep them together, and a bigger bracket at the rear to keep them together.

all sei seats are the same. try find a scrappy with a wrecked sei interior and just buy the brackets.

you also need the brackets that go by the parcel shelf to stop them from falling forward. they dont fit the cinq ones because they have the release button built into the seats, the cinq ones dont!

reason they arent with the seats is because we bought babzs new seats without the brackets :rolleyes: so we had to swap them over.

once uve got the brackets though they are simple to swap! fronts are easy peasy

Back