Installing front 2 speakers

Currently reading:
Installing front 2 speakers

kingdazza11

I have got some Pioneer TS-H1704.

Is there a guide on how to fit them.

I have a 2001 mk2 punto

check the mounting depth of your speakers, if over 54mm, your going to have to get speaker pods / build your own.

If under that 54mm, then jus pull off the speaker cover, undo the screws holding the speaker in, wire your speaker wire thru the tubing case where the old wires already lead through and go up to the headunit.
pretty much that,

sorry if it doesnt make sense, im sure someone will be able to give you a better descriptive answer, this was just a quick reply

I woulnt touch edge, if your on a budget then save up for a little while and get something decent. You can get the JBL 10" sub/amp/box/wiring kit packages for like £120 so add on the £25 that you would need to spend on a wiring kit for that edge rubish and your pretty much there.

I also think that you are going to be sorely disappointed with those speakers that you have bought (n)
You cant spend a 10er and get a better sound than standard these days.

And be careful when taking the grill off the door as the clips will snap and they wont go back on. Personally i would just take off the door card.

And be careful when taking the grill off the door as the clips will snap and they wont go back on. Personally i would just take off the door card.

From experience I would say leave the door cards on. Its a falsity that these speaker grille clips snap. Had the grille off many a mk2 (and mk2/b) and never broke one.

Also I took the door cards off my old mk2 to fit central locking. If it has manual winders then I would forget it completely as the circlips are a PITA to get off. Also the clips holding the door card on are more likely to break than the speaker grille clips.

So yeah just take the grille off, unscrew the 3 screws holding the speaker in, wire them up, screw them in, check the window doesn't catch the magnet on the speaker, refit the grille and enjoy.

Looking at those speakers on CAS is really confusing. They are under Coaxials but have seperate tweeters. Other sites say components. So good luck fitting the tweeters and running the wires through the door. You made need to get these done professionally if your not confident.

Or takes Stu's advice, send them back and get a refund......and then get better ones.(y)

Back