General Inner cv joint

Currently reading:
General Inner cv joint

Tabblink182

Civic type-r Driver
ive now realised that my inner cv joint is somehow broken. it slides in and out of the diff, when its in, the car works, when its out however, there is no drive. ive tried banging it in as i am under the impression that there is a surclip that holds it inot place. however, it just will not stay in...

any ideas ?

thanks in advance

so the circlip is on the actualy cv joint?

so, just straight to the dealer, or can i get it cheaper ?

how much are they roughly ?

EDIT: and yes, it is a cinq sporting

Last edited:
Its just a cup that fits into the box. the shaft has a spider in it that slides into the cup. Undo the gaiter, remove the top strut pinch bolt and loosen the lower one. This will allow the spider to come out of the cup. Then remove the cup and you'll see the groove where the clip should be.

Cheers

D

im not worried about that, im just annoyed that i changed the whole dam clutch, and all i needed to do was spend 90p on a little ring.

walks to nearest cliff and jumps.

XD

Last edited:
can i just say, that the dealer in sarisbury green (southampton) are usless.

rude, unhelpfull, ignorent and seemed to dislike me because they had to order in an 89p ring. which of corse was wrong.

he ordered me the circlip which holds the tripod bearing onto the driveshaft, after i cealy explained i wanted the one for the cv joint.

hmmm, anywho i ended up making my own by sawing a 22mm olive from aplumbing fitting in half and hammering it into the diff, it holds solid and works perfect.

who need spares eh ?

XD

well tbh, its not the cleanest cinq, its had been written off twice i beleive.

once in my ownership.

its just a means of transport untill i find a good punto gt :p

keep your eyes open for a good one.

Back