****ing idiots

Currently reading:
****ing idiots

arc

this is where i stand
What use is a caliper without the slider? If you buy a second hand caliper, do you expect the get the whole thing - you know, so it works. cos i do. some people dont seem to agree though.

pissed off now.

arc said:
What use is a caliper without the slider? If you buy a second hand caliper, do you expect the get the whole thing - you know, so it works. cos i do. some people dont seem to agree though.

pissed off now.

Tell me about it, bought a complete Uno Turbo rear brake setup and got calipers only, and they're seized. No hubs, no disks no caliper brackets, and this was after explicitly checking with the guy what he had, was supposed to be off a crashed running car. I feel your pain mate.

Pete

he can either send me the rest, or have them back - or i'l get my money back from paypal / credit card and they can sort it out.

4 calipers aint cheap, and this pile of junk i have in my garage is no use to anyone.

Ive had exactly the same prob with the Marea brakes Ive been sourcing.

Very bloody annoying

Puntoboy said:
A caliper is just that, a caliper.

The mounting bracket will be a seperate item.

i dont want the mounting bracket, i want the other half of the caliper - the bit that you put the brake pads in. its not a seperate ****ing item.

arc said:
i dont want the mounting bracket, i want the other half of the caliper - the bit that you put the brake pads in. its not a seperate ****ing item.

Buying them from a factors...it is.

From Fiat...they arent.

Do the maths there.:confused:

Arc, you have my sympathies mate. But I have to agree with some people on this thread that a caliper is just a caliper, without any carriers or sliding wedges etc.

Saying that, I think if you buy one second hand it SHOULD come with all the mounting brackets/ carriers/ wedges, though new or re-conditioned calipers will almost certainly only supply just the caliper itself.

Ironically it sounds as if Fiat buck this trend and supply all the extra bits :confused:

Just a thought, and I know it's a pain after having already bought the caliper but can't you go to a local scrappy and get the bits you need? Might save the hassle of having to send the calipers back and then trying to find more :idea:

well you said you emailed/phoned them to check it would be all the parts.
and if you/they agreed what would be included then they decided not, then they should have repriced accordingly or asked for your apologies and do you still want them kind of a thing.

If this was from some breakers yard then its pretty much expected.

almost everyone of the wnking tossbags is the same with people over the phone and online. they think its some sort of a game that they can win at.

I know almost all the breakers in the NE now, at least on sight, and they know me (always wear my stupid colours hat :D ), so I rarely get any crp off any of them. and most of the parts I get aren't needed, they are simply 'hop up' parts and things to sell on. so if they suddenly exclaim some daft price and won't budge, I tell them that I don't actually NEED it to save my ass, I just wanted it for the hell of it, then through it back out the door.
they soon chance their tune as the part is not going to bring in any doe from anyone else as its a part that rarely sells from a car etc.

helz is this the guy that repeatadly said he had them and had sent them, then suddenly chanced his mind and was talking to you on the phone whilst he climbed on the car and ripped them off??
sounds like he broke them then sent them anyways :tosser:

The usual response when the price is too high is:-
"well where else are you going to get it that price"
my response is then the...
"well I don't actually NEED this part, I just want it, nobody else round here will buy this and this part, only me, so you either take that, or I through it back into the yard and you get nothing for it ever.."

they laugh, then a few seconds later reaslise I'm serious, and take what I'm offering them

no fiats in scrap yards round here.

FIAT sell the whole caliper. Not one bit, and the sliders - therefore if i buy second hand fiat calipers, they should come as the complete thing (like the UT ones i got off alex).

ive emailed the guy i got them off. no response yet.

a few fiats have the same brakes, as already said a bravo hlx has them (no you cant have mine :p ), but so do most mareas (any with vented discs). surely you can find a marea in a scrapyard, i have at least 20 within 20 miles of my house, and a full front set up will only cost £20 if you remove it yourself, then you can return the ones you've bought to pess off the guy who sold you half calipers, and save cash. i'm sure half the scrapyards in the country will have a marea.

Back