Induction Kits - Are they worth it??

Currently reading:
Induction Kits - Are they worth it??

S

Smithy

How much difference will having an induction kit installed on my Bravo HGT really make? Is it really noticable?

HGT

i got a pipercross one installed, and these overall results -
slight loss of torque low down (maybe not such a bad thing anyway, cos its a bit too torquey),
bit more reponse higher up,
slightly more fuel consumption,
sounds like a bloody lion now though. HGT is well insulated so the only poeple to get affected are those outside of the car!!

Pipercross

How much did you pay for your induction kit? Also, did you fit it yourself? If so, is it easy?
Do you have a performance exhaust?
Smithy.

cost

I got it trade, normal price is about £85 i think. I phoned up Pipercross direct when I spotted it in a Fast Car mag about 3 months ago in the new products section.

I got a mate who works at Fiat to fit it, a bit fiddly, but not difficult if you know your car...
The main thing is to remove a flap under the passenger side wheel arch, 4screws I think. The reason for that is that when you undo the original air filter, you can't pull it out from the top, so it comes out from the bottom thru the wheel arch. btw, don't remove your wheel , its not necessary, just turn full lock. Other thing to look out for is that you need to undo some piping to lossen everything, just make sre you tighten them back up.
The instructions should be good enough.
email me if you have problems
good luck

exhaust

oh yes, I have a Remus back box, and about to get Powerflow to fit a cat back system in as the joints ae slowly rusting.

If that doesn't work out, I know that Magnex and Supersprint do one. Are you aware of others?

Exhaust

Hi Phil,

I've just got a Powerflow cat-back system, the things rooooaaaarrsss like a good'un, sounds wicked !

Cheers

Cheers for the info Phil. I'm not aware of any other exhausts as yet, but I have only had my Bravo about a month so I'm still learning about it.
My exhaust back box fell off only a week after buying the bloody car. I'm more pi55ed off at the fact that I had a full RAC inspection prior to buying it! Now waiting for a response from them concerning my complaint.

Cheers again.

Catalyst Converter

When you install the new exhaust system, do you remove the catalyst converter?

What if, I remove the catalyst converter without changing to a sports exhaust, will it improve the acceleration.

Thanks.

removing your cat

removing your cat will definitely improve performance, but you wont pass the emissions test when you reach the MOT. Not worth the hassle. Anyway, in removing the cat, you need to replace with piping and to get the best out of it, you need to change the whole exhsuast system.