Technical Induction Kits and springs

Currently reading:
Technical Induction Kits and springs

thomashworth

emobitch
Hi,

I'm looking at making the 1st couple of mods to my cinq 899 - lowering and an induction kit. I'm on a slim to zero budget and want to know what peeps think of these:

K&N 57i INDUCTION KIT

I know that the GSR induction kits are acknowledged as the best, but these are less than half the price (£39 + post). Anyone got any experiences with them?

JAMEX 120028 SPRINGS

Again, these are cheaper than the rest. They say that they will lower the car by 35mm which I think (from reading this forum) means I don't need to do anything to the wheels - there's enough play to lower by 35mm. Are they any good - and do I need shorter shocks aswell to make this set up work?

Next after them is a decent exhaust, and a set of colour matched bumpers - anyone got a set of em they want rid of?

Ta,

Thom...

The K+Ns arent to good mate, theyll reduce your power if anything, they just sit on the top of the throttle body and suck in all the heat from the top of the engine, crap design..... Sound good tho!

thomashworth said:
JAMEX 120028 SPRINGS

Again, these are cheaper than the rest. They say that they will lower the car by 35mm which I think (from reading this forum) means I don't need to do anything to the wheels - there's enough play to lower by 35mm. Are they any good - and do I need shorter shocks aswell to make this set up work?

Are they definately for an 899? If they are for a Sporting, those springs would lower an 899 by an extra 15-20mm, which, IMO, would put a bit too much stress on standard dampers - they would wear out in no time.

Along with lowering it, another good mod you could try would be to get an anti-roll bar from a cinq sporting in a scrappy yard.
Your suspension arms should already have the mounting points and it should give you better control with less body roll, always a bonus with these narrow high sided cars.
I would go with a panel filter and a drilled airbox over the k57i as it would be located in a better position in the engine bay,
Also get some sporting wheels with wide tyres for even better grip.

do not lower it and fit wider tyres if you are not going to fit an anti roll bar. its dangerous.

Remember the standard Sporting suspension is 20mm lower than that on the S/SX. So what you could do is just source a complete set of springs and dampers off a sporting. They often crop up on here when people fit new suspension to their sportings. I ended up throwing my old suspension in the bin because no-one wanted it!
I'm not sure if the sporting has shorter dampers than the S/SX. I suspect it does.

Back