500 Indicator

Currently reading:
500 Indicator

Crackers69

Every time I indicate right the seat belt and temp gauge lights up in time with the indicator, nothing happens when I indicate left, dose anyone else have this problem and what’s the fix for it

Every time I indicate right the seat belt and temp gauge lights up in time with the indicator, nothing happens when I indicate left, dose anyone else have this problem and what’s the fix for it

Welcome to the forum! :wave:

Hmmmm... while I haven’t seen this on a 500 yet, I would start by removing the right-hand taillight unit. Wiggle the plug while the indicator is operating and watch the instrument cluster to see if the other lights stay out.

A poor earth connection seems the likely culprit here; the current then ‘finds its way’ through another circuit and causes interference like this. It’s happened on previous generations of FIATs before; a bit of corrosion or a slightly loose terminal is all it takes. Could be the front light unit but historically it’s usually the taillights.

-Alex

Last edited:
Hello and welcome to the forum.

This issue has been reported here a few times before (this is one such thread); the fix seems to be to replace the instrument cluster. Costly if bought from Fiat, but reasonably priced used clusters can be obtained from the usual sources.

If you go the used cluster route then be sure to buy one that's recorded fewer miles than your car has covered; they can be adjusted up, but not down.

If it's still under warranty, take it back to the dealer.

Last edited:
Yes common problem just happened to mine, apparently issue is with leaking LEDs and replacing LEDs will solve the issue.
I will be taking mine out next week to see what parts I need to order, or do anyone one have schematics for the cluster?

Back