General In what order?

Currently reading:
General In what order?

Helen100

In what order do you wash your car... the full works?

so you do:

Water
Soap
Water.....

but where does shammying.. um polishing and waxing come in to it... when I get my car one of the first thing Im doing is cleaning it!

Sod automated car washes. :eek:

Hand wash, find and repair imperfections much better. (y)

1) Jetwash the loose big bits off and wet the car, dont get too close!
2) Warm water, NOT scalding hot, and proper car shampoo, as good as you can afford. Roof down working all around the car, sills and wheels last, turning and rinsing the sponge regularly.
3) Rinse... however you wish, with warm clean water.
4) Chamois... genuine article not that artificial rubbish, until dry.
5) Wax or whichever appearance enhancer you wish.

Dont do it on Hot days or in direct bright sunlight.

Oh deffinetly, im just so excited for when I get my car, I want to take good care of it, do my own work, so i'll appriciate it more, plus I sometimes hang around with a car club so got to look smart to an extent

Id much rather spend the time driving my car, the cleaning it. After all, thats what its made for, to be driven, not stared at ;)

Then dont wash it at all... see what fun THAT is driving about in a mingin tub! :eek:

Plus automated car washes damage the finish after a while, dropping re-sale value. (n)

Also if your car is always dirty wouldn't it cause rust? and paint damage?

Yes! Clean it like it was the living room (OMG did I say that?) :eek:

Clean car, like a clean house shows someone who cares and values things and themselves! :devil:

Now WAIT for the Flaming!! TaDaaaa!! :D

If it rains in your country, nip out with a bucket of water with a good quality car wash and a sponge, put your jacket on, you are going to be out there for a few minutes.

Wash from the top down, the rain does the rinsing.

Cheers

D

Scotland, Wales + Ireland should have the cleanest cars in the World then!! :D

Just a Joke folks... pls dont burn me!! :eek: :D :)

Im in the south of england, where its loverly and sunny at the mo..... But no car as yet... still trying to get a job so I can get one lol

Britains dryest corner Helen... nice part of the World tho!

I got some new stuff where u dont use a bucket just a wet sponge and the stuff to wash it. Hose it off a panel at a time. Then u put the polish on with the Chamois leather. Good results so far! £1.50 each bottle, and it goes a loooooong way!!

Back