Hand wash, find and repair imperfections much better.
1) Jetwash the loose big bits off and wet the car, dont get too close!
2) Warm water, NOT scalding hot, and proper car shampoo, as good as you can afford. Roof down working all around the car, sills and wheels last, turning and rinsing the sponge regularly.
3) Rinse... however you wish, with warm clean water.
4) Chamois... genuine article not that artificial rubbish, until dry.
5) Wax or whichever appearance enhancer you wish.
Dont do it on Hot days or in direct bright sunlight.
Oh deffinetly, im just so excited for when I get my car, I want to take good care of it, do my own work, so i'll appriciate it more, plus I sometimes hang around with a car club so got to look smart to an extent
Britains dryest corner Helen... nice part of the World tho!
I got some new stuff where u dont use a bucket just a wet sponge and the stuff to wash it. Hose it off a panel at a time. Then u put the polish on with the Chamois leather. Good results so far! £1.50 each bottle, and it goes a loooooong way!!