Image0020.jpg

Punto (Mk2/2b) In repair.

Introduction

I aquired this car with a totaled engine and other defects, currently fitting a mk1 punto engine!

More pics soon (y)

Image0020.jpg
Re: In repair

id go with white, black alloys black roof and 2 white stripes going over the black roof

Hmmmm... :chin:

I was thinking about gunmetal grey alloys and black slam panel? Was going to do the roof and bonnet black originally but decided against it...

Small update! And as in the other thread, forgot some pics :eek:

So I only have 2 pics of the rusty bits almost painted over :)
Image1045.jpg

And the leg
Image1046.jpg

I'll be back later... ;)

I like the gun metal idea. a full re-spray is alot of work if your doing it yourself, you have to really strip the car down, because all your engine bay is yellow and door cards etc its hard work lol

You should do it Fiat 527!

Gunmetal wheels with gold lip

Black roof

2011-04-08-19_57_11b.jpg

Sorted!

My wheels are going Audi Metallic Grey, with gold lip. Have plenty of kerbing to be filled, and redoing the car to get rid of orange peel, but this time gonna do smooth bonnet and boot lid aswell.

Just need some motivation

why is everyone suggesting full paint jobs :confused: he only painting the slam panel a comedy colour not the whole car...

Spot on, show cars aint my style, subtle detailing is (although I can't say that about the van), don't wanna stick out like a sore tumb... A showcar would cost thousands to create and maintain not to mention insurance and "individuals" who would show theyre dislike for the car (n)

Speaking of finances, bad news time :( I have to fund for 4 new tyres and a bonnet (paint isn't a problem we have some in stock). I literally can't afford to keep this car as my spare :cry: so when its done up fully I have to sell it to pull some of my money back (I do have to look after 3 other cars aswell as this so things get expensive very quick. Were getting rid of cars just to fund for this car, don't have a parts bin for it :( ) (n)

But for now I'm concentrating on getting it back to respectable standards (y)

The exhaust blew up and as its an odd sized diameter, finding a sleeve is damn near impossible. So I made one (y)
Image1053.jpg

Just needs welding and fitting :D

Keep watching... ;)

We no longer share the same head extension color, I didn't want mine to look like somebody elses anymore :D.

So what is the update on this?

Thanks

X

Darn that! What coleur did you go for now...? Don't worry I wont be plagerising your engine tops :D

Afraid its still on blocks, exhaust needs welding still. No argoshield :mad:

Plus trying to sort my daily hack, I need it to get about...

However once the argoshield is acquired... Keep watching ;)

Allo mate,

Any update on yer Punto and van these days?

Howdy! The Punto isn't a pretty site, I got to assemble the radiator valance. It got pushed into the garden and haven't done a thing since due to lack of time and where it is :cry:

As for the van, it got a dose of bad petrol and drank this weeks supply in just 185 miles :eek: Exhaust keeps falling off, thats something to sort at the weekend. Rather annoying in the car park having to tighten it before I leave :bang:

I guess both threads will be updated with pics! :)

Well, heres how it currently looks...
Image1573.jpg

Got the radiator in, drove it here and forgot about it :(
Image1574.jpg

Still on space savers :mad:
Image1575.jpg

And missing its interior...
Image1576.jpg

Why has it been neglected? Spent a dwindling budget on it for stuff like the coil pack, bonnet etc then funds ran out. I have to prioritise my daily driver... Plus out here its a little difficult to work due to the soft ground :mad:

Don't lose faith, there's still hope for this car once room has been made...

She's a coming back to life people :D

Started it up a few weeks ago, dud battery... Jumped it, roared to life (y)

Today, aired it out... There's a small plantation growing in the passenger footwell :eek:

Rear seats in.... ;)

Will grab a shot with the E5 in daylight!

Is this the first update in m20b25 history that you havent posted pictures?! This makes me sad and confused :(:confused:

Back