Scudo In cab heater

Currently reading:
Scudo In cab heater

guslyn

Ive got an S Reg 1.9 Scudo & heater stopped working. Fuses fine. Im at a loose end. Prob something simple. Any suggestions. Thanks. Gus

Hi and WELCOME TO THE FORUM :wave:

When you say the "heater stopped working" do you mean the fan? If so does it work oon ANY speeds?

If you have a multimeter have you checked for +12v at the fan connector when set to max?

It could be the fan switch itself, the resistor pack, faulty blower motor etc.

Alan

Hi Alan
Yes its the fan thats stopped working & does'nt work on any settings. I will see how i get on with your advice. Many thanks.
Gus

Well finally cured the blower...thought I might share in case it helps anyone out.

Symptoms were the slider did not work too good, sometimes the fan stopped, only to restart again later...sounded like leaves might be trapped inside?? then it stopped for good. No heating or demisting...hell when it rained.

So bought some new brushes on feabay £5 and dropped the fan motor-its held in by 3 torx screws 6mm, need a long neck to see the one at the back. Had to remove Glove box and fuse cover behind and push metal bracket out of the way (held on by 10mm nut) Motor is held in plastic case by single 5mm torx screw.

Brush housing is brass and just bend the end tabs up to release the spring and old brush...fiddly getting spring back on new brush but managed in the end. Then just remove, unsolder old braid from lug and solder new one in, ensuring braid is free to move down with the brush.

Then the bit that took the time-motor is connected to resistor pack by a couple of spade connectors, they came off when I took the motor out. Needed a pair of long nose pliers to try to connect while pushing the Motor in...one stayed on...then the other jumped off...pesky buggers took it in turns until one of them fractured flush on the motor! I gave up then and came back next day...managed to solder another spade to the post using a 28 mg copper wire....and then noticed there was a plastic sliding door through which you could see and connect the terminals without the same frustration as before.

Put it all back together and the fan works better than it ever did!:slayer: Lot better than spending a fortune on new motor and resistor pack...nice to have the breez up the kilt again:D

Reactions: Zog
Well finally cured the blower...thought I might share in case it helps anyone out.

( 8< )

Lot better than spending a fortune on new motor and resistor pack...nice to have the breez up the kilt again:D

That's a good post. Thanks.

Back