Imobillisor question

Currently reading:
Imobillisor question

psychofox

Legend
Hi guys.

I want to get a Mccrich chip, i know it disables the standard imobilisor, can you guys suggest of an aftermarket imobillsor that i can install? I want to keep the car as secure as possible. I currently have a toad alarm (not sure which one as it came with the car).

Any ideas?

find the siren bit, the name should be on it, if not try trace the wiring and see if it has a seperate module with the relays in, the name should be on there.,.,

PS, the module will usuallt be inside the car.,(y)

have you loked for the siren? and have a look in the owners manual if you have one., we usually put the owners manual from the alarm in there.,.,(y)

Do you want pics of different angles?

Attachments

• 22042007156.jpg
    22042007156.jpg
    704.8 KB · Views: 20
  • 22042007157.jpg
    22042007157.jpg
    723.8 KB · Views: 22
thats the siren under the brake fluid bottle but i dont think that one has the brain built in so you'll have to trace the wires to wherever the module is hidden inside the car, then you chould find the name on it,., also its not good to have your brake fluid bottle tilted to one side.,(y)

ok, il see if i can trace the route, where else do you recon i could attatch the brake fluid bottle?

you could attach it to the bulk head in behind the strut brace, you might have to make up a little bracket to fit it but its not rocket science and it doenst have to look gorgous as long as the bottle is level.,(y)

il have a look. I think thats where it was originally, i had to move it to fit the strut brace.
yeah thats where its usually sitting, but youll have to mount it a little bit lower to clear the strut brace.,(y)

cool, i will do.
I think i know where the alarm brain is, i think it is hidden in the centre console. When i took it apart to put in the ELX console i remember seeing a black box in there, could that possibly be it?

yeah that could be it, if you press the reomte while your near it you might hear the relays inside clicking,.,
it will have them wires from the siren going into it anyway so you'll know it.,(y)

Back