I'm not going to be rich...

Currently reading:
I'm not going to be rich...

A few of you may remember I entered a competition with an idea I had tried to make with insurance companies a few years before and did well in it.

Well I have just done a search on the patent's site that I do every 6 months or so and guess what? 2 patents have been filed outlining my idea :(

I'm gutted :(

It wasn't about speed, it was about the cost....

I have read and re-read however and I feel that they haven't got quite the same, although I guess I would need legal help as to whether my idea and patent is sufficiently different to allow my own patent.

I wonder if these people were at my competition....I was asked if I was intending to make it, at which point I answered "unlikely at the moment" and that person disappeared....He had been telling me all about how Deutsche Bank ran many businesses like mine behind the scenes, I was half hoping for a phone call from him a week later.

Oh well, you win some and you lose some!

Oh well, looks like a graft at Uni and then work until you are 65 - unlucky ;)

I know that the costs of patents is extortionate as well. Couldn't you have got a Patents Pending on it?

I have no idea, it's classed as interllectual property - I believe the pending is only allowed if you are actually applying for it.

I will find another way out Stu, don't worry ;)

Remember in the future Paul;
you invent something at uni; it theirs;
You invent something and your employer can link it to yuor work; its theirs :(

Last year, our uni project led to an invention relating to the oil industry, our supervising Prof has since taken the idea to his own company and produced it :(

James, i know, the world sucks. The professor at L'boro who interviewed me warned me "You will do well and whatever you do, don't let the success be somebody elses, be careful, there are people out there who won't mind taking it"

Stu: already gone down that route, how do you think I bought my laptop?! ;)

Well that ruined it Stu ;) Actually my kind Grandpa, who buys me most big things I can't afford, bless him :)

Well, if i want to go into that area, no doubt I will have a lot of business ;)

paul the cheapest way to pantent anything is too write down the idea and post it too yourself so u have the postmark, i doubt this would stand up in a court though

I already have that done, actually with a company and a friend whose company does that as one of their services, however, as you say, it wouldn't stand up well in court!

Back