I'm In Love

Currently reading:
I'm In Love

Did i read 400BHP but only a 0-60 just below 8 seconds and a top end ~ 125mph?

How is that?

It's gorgeous though, quite amazing that somebody kept it like that.

:O :D

A compression ratio of 7:1 with maximum power of over 400 HP at 8000 rpm and maximum torque values reaching 40 kgm at 5000 rpm, produced a top speed of 208 kmph, with acceleration from 0-100 kmph in 7.8 seconds!

i thought it'd be faster than that tho :confused:

£40,000 new

it only weighs 1200kg road going 200kg lighter for rally version!

Quote-
From the autumn of 1985, Lancia made the 200 S4s necessary to qualify for Group B competition, and a street version of this two-seater competition cocktail went on sale to the public. These cars are not nearly as powerful, nor as light, as the factory rally machines built on the S4 base, but they are still extremely exciting machines.

I don't understand the specs still, is it only able to go quick in midrange? lol

It's slow top end and slow off the mark, I am not stupid and know rallying requires a very different sort of quick from a normal car but this bemuses me in this case!

A 'Grale over this??? :eek:

Paul- Have a read
Clicky

Basically they stopped allowing Class-B cars as soon as it was finally finished (n)

I bet it would out handle most cars an being a super-turbo car will pull through all gears!

Check out the interior! Gorgeous!

Never actually seen one of these before, cheers Jamie! You have good taste!

Paul, being a rally car they can swop the gearbox to adapt the ratios to suit which stage the car is covering i.e. twisty stuff = short ratios for quick acceleration and low top speed and vice versa.

Quality find!

This is a car which deserves the P.O.A tagline.

Liam

I know but the stats on the site show low acceleration and low top end, that's what I couldn't understand.

The page Jamie showed me is more realistic :)

Maybe the car is de-tuned or restricted to protect the engine and also becuse it won't have the expertise and care a normal rally car would have.

Liam

S4 in action:

lancia_delta_s4_drift.jpg

1987-2.jpg

15.jpg

Lancia 11 times World Rally Champion!

icon_ok.gif

Back