General I'm glad I've got an old Panda

Currently reading:
General I'm glad I've got an old Panda

Sprox

1 Key operation!
I heard a rumour that the New ones get cracked foglights! And the parts keep changing!

Not like the old classic ones eh? 20 years on and we still get the same Brilliant headlamp units!:D

pantalaimon said:
yeah but gearboxes that are near impossible to get hold of :(
christ just buy one and gut it... should cost you £50 or less for an old manual non runner.

pantalaimon said:
yeah but if its no good i still have to pay for it to be fitted... then have to get another gearbox, would cost a fortune,

any idea where online i'd have the best chance of getting a decent gearbox, aside from brand new

Yeah a five speed would make the engine less noisy I'll admit, I just never go above 55mph with the four speed to save my ear drums...
;)

pantalaimon said:
yeah but if its no good i still have to pay for it to be fitted... then have to get another gearbox, would cost a fortune,

any idea where online i'd have the best chance of getting a decent gearbox, aside from brand new

They do crop up from time to time and are around £50 for a 'good' s.h. unit. Unfortunately, I only have one spare at the moment and I'm hanging on to it as it's a superb Sisely one.
I'll keep an eye out for one, though ... are you looking for 4 or 5 gears ?

Kelvedon autos (the best little scrap yard in Essex) had a 5 speed in a 93/94 fizz. They are a bit far away for you, maybe worth a call? 01376 583592

Back