General I'm back

Currently reading:
General I'm back

I've had an in-depth gander with my dad and we're suspecting some dodgy antics by the garage. We did find a hole in the sill (another, ha) but they have also failed it excessive corrosion on suspension mountings and I think by seatbelt mountings as well. No evidence of excessive corrosion was found, there's a little surface rust but nothing a wirebrush can't fix.

So I'm going back to the garage tomorrow to ask them to show me where they're talking about. Fun.

Aaaand... Relax. Well, almost. After 2 days of bashing, brushing and welding, we're almost there! All that remains is checking the exhaust isn't blowing tomorrow, which has so far proved to be a real pain. The join from the middle pipe to the backbox was leaking so on went some exhaust sealant and lots of fiddling to find the source of the escaping gases. The backbox has two slits (by design) at the join and they seem to be too long. Managed to get it down to a very slight leak now and whacked more sealant on and hoping for the best in the morning.

Are jubilee clips an acceptable device for stopping a tiny leak?

Big thanks to my dad for his welding and determination for the Panda to pass. I was ready to surrender to the evil of rust but he had other ideas. Fingers crossed for the retest.

Before taking the panda back to the garage for a re test ask them if it will pass with the clip on it? That way you don't have to ga back for a third time if they are not happy with the clip.
Best of Luck and well done dad.

It was a big blow, but I've now wrapped it in exhaust bandage, a very small amount of gas is now escaping at one end somehow, put a jubilee clip on (they're bloody hard work!) but it's not really made a difference. Should be ok though I reckon.

Annoyingly, whilst fixing the blow, the cat-stud we fixed broke off again. :bang:

Fuzzy - I have a spare exhaust system for your Colour - also see the classifieds for the free engine - I'm having a clear out!!!

Back