General I'm an utter numpty

Currently reading:
General I'm an utter numpty

Well, I had to tell you guys, as much as you'll all take the p*ss...

...so I painted my front calipers on Wednesday (Halfords caliper paint is, by the way, total crap). I slapped the wheels back, did the bolts finger tight, then dropped it back down and did the drivers side tight with my wheel brace. Then got in and pulled it back into the garage. Later that evening I took it out for a spin and noticed a loud knocking that got luder and faster when I accelerated. I eventually pulled over and found my locking wheel bolt about 15 yards behind the car and one bolt mising :bang: how much of a pillock do I feel?! Had to flag some tourists over and borrow their wheel brace to do the remaining 2 bolts up tight. Crawled home and replaced the two bolts with spares I keep in the garage. Car seems ok now, but I think the strange rotation of a half-off wheel has destroyed my tracking, so it's off to the garage at some point soon. All I'll say is

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

DOH!!! :eek:
Glad no apparent major damage tho! (y)

Bet you dont do THAT again!

Would that cause any damage to the wheel bearings?

I have to admit I've done the same thing myself but only the once.

What's bad is not doing it again but admitting to doing it twice. Don't know of any RAF guys that would do that:p

Back