Im am seriously Baffled?!?

Currently reading:
Im am seriously Baffled?!?

SeiJunkie

I need some help here, heres my background, i am 20 soon to be 21 owned a sei sporting for 2 years and had a chav corsa for 3 months as my first car, overall i have been driving for 2 years and 3 months. had to cancel corsa insurance because it was unfixable according to a garage (rust e.t.c) so i got a sei sporting, my original quote was £1300 third party F&T as this was cheapest i took it. then last year my renewal letter wanted £1400 to renew even though id done pass plus and a years no claims under my belt, so phoned them up and got it to £800 and was a happy chappy, till this morning.
NOW they want £2000 to renew, and you guessed it with 2 years no claims and pass plus. Now as im out of work after being layed off ive only managed to save up £800 when i was in work, so i was gonna pay my insurance and do some mods or so i thought. even on my last renewal it said i had 1 years no claims and pass plus but now it says i have 0 no claims and no pass plus! what do you suggest i do as ive only ever been with one insurance company and they are quote me slappy! sorry (unhappy)
Sorry rant over and any help would be appreciated

Ring them up, cos unless you've claimed you should have 2 years no claims and pass plus (if I read your post correctly). Tell them you want a renewal quote based on 2 years no claims and pass plus.

Otherwise get a new quote off them - sometimes new quotes are cheaper than the renewals companies send out.

yes i should have phoned them up but at a friends house at the mo, yes the quote last year was a new quote so yea it is cheaper. it was just the shock of opening an envelope to see how much they want, imagine if it was someone who didnt know any different and paid the £2000, extortionate!
yes custard i will be phoning around i am not having this every year, i was expecting a year no claims was worth 10-20% off your premium not to add 60% to it! Cheers

oh and another thing i was sideswiped by a van on the motorway and i did ring them to do the honest thing and tell them to see if they could get the camera that was on the side of the motorway and get the plate of the van but they couldent do nothing so went to the police and they couldent do anything. so im thinking that could have something to do with it, but was told that it would not affect my no claims as i have not actually claimed for anything! so im not so sure now what do you guys think?

ive had insurance go up after a claim free year.
i often wonder if they just pump out a number in the hope a lot will just renew at £x price.
same as ntl/telewest.
if oyu phone up and ask for a discount you get it no pronblem but if you dont oyu just pay the published price

Back