Illegal HID conversion

Currently reading:
Illegal HID conversion

Mr Wild

Fairly informative video on why HID conversion kits for non HID capable headlamp units are illegal and might make you think twice before considering the upgrade.

law needs tweeking too because there are 100s of lamps that can be converted that do pass an mot and don't dazzle or glare :mad:

Matter of opinion Dave.

You watched the vid? With it up against the wall? Its not about glare, its about light defraction and scatter.

And before you moan at me, I'm all for after market ones in cars like the mk2 punto with the globe relector headlamp units, its when you get plonkers putting them in new GP's with standard reflectors for headlamps that I get p!ssed off.

Matter of opinion Dave.

You watched the vid? With it up against the wall? Its not about glare, its about light defraction and scatter.

And before you moan at me, I'm all for after market ones in cars like the mk2 punto with the globe relector headlamp units, its when you get plonkers putting them in new GP's with standard reflectors for headlamps that I get p!ssed off.

mer mer mer

i enjoy blinding people! problem? lol

Blind people coming towards you at a closing speed of 120mph :devil:

Stokes up fire

haha, at least mine are alligned correctly, i never get flashed by anybody for them, beam pattern is pretty spot on tbh

i buzz off having this conversation every 2 days (y)

both the bravo, and the coupes headlights are capable of taking HIDs. the beam pattern is fine. and ive passed MOT's. :rolleyes:

give it a freaking rest already! :bang:

i say next person to post moaning about HIDs gets a ban. its getting irritating now. everyone knows... no matter how many times you talk about it people aint gonna change thier freaking minds!! :bang:

iv fitted hids in every car for 2 years, never had a problem and always pulled over.

punto mk1
punto mk2
ford ka
uno turbo
bravo

and i have 10,000k (blue)

"Never had a problem and always pulled over"? I'd call "always pulled over" a big problem...

Beau, the above is exactly why aftermarket HID's get a bad reputation. Two, if not three of the cars you listed have headlight units totally unsuitable for HID's. You also fitted 10,000K (blue) units? So not only do you fit HID's that are far too powerful (and most probably not E marked and therefore illegal) you also have a blue tint to them when the law clearly states that only white or yellow light at the front of the car is allowed?

HID's are acceptable in cars with headlight units designed to take them and correctly aligned. Those who fit kits to unsuitable headlight units, even more so if they're not aligned properly, are little more than selfish and inconsiderate towards other road users. And those that think it is funny to blind other drivers with illegal HID's don't deserve to have a licence at all.

"Never had a problem and always pulled over"? I'd call "always pulled over" a big problem...

Beau, the above is exactly why aftermarket HID's get a bad reputation. Two, if not three of the cars you listed have headlight units totally unsuitable for HID's. You also fitted 10,000K (blue) units? So not only do you fit HID's that are far too powerful (and most probably not E marked and therefore illegal) you also have a blue tint to them when the law clearly states that only white or yellow light at the front of the car is allowed?

HID's are acceptable in cars with headlight units designed to take them and correctly aligned. Those who fit kits to unsuitable headlight units, even more so if they're not aligned properly, are little more than selfish and inconsiderate towards other road users. And those that think it is funny to blind other drivers with illegal HID's don't deserve to have a licence at all.
Although I agree with your points, that was well patronising! :devil:

well thats what you get when you have a loud exhaust lol

my hids have been set up on a beam alignment machine and they are spot on and dont blind anyone, they have no glare and are about the same brightness as xenon bulbs just ALOT more blue, which ok not technically legal but pass an mot and coppers have never mentioned them.

Back