I was just having a...

Currently reading:
I was just having a...

Correct me if Im wrong.... the defenition of racism is the hatred of a race, creed, even religion etc. I dont think the BNP hate those people, at least not in the way the Nazis hated Jews, gipsies etc; they just dont want them here, which is different! I have to say, if you have ever seen the effects that some drugs have on people, your stance on them would change somewhat... There, I didnt rant... calm!

nuovapanda said:
I have to say, if you have ever seen the effects that some drugs have on people, your stance on them would change somewhat... /QUOTE]

I saw what happened to a friend at college as a result of Heroin. He used to 'chase the dragon' :( It destroyed his family life and his college/career prospects. This just made me realise proper controls and regulations were needed as something like that has to be controlled officially and users monitored. Leaving it to carry on 'underground' just f***s up society and gives the dealers the benefits, and the addicts misery.....

Just my thoughts from experience.

Not only that, but people are going to do it whether it is legal or not. As I said, taking away the illegality would also take away the attration for some people. Alcahol has ****ed up more lives than any other drug I can think of, but no one seems to have a problem with it being legal.

Alcohol does mess up some people but in moderation it is fine. Drugs in the main are proven to be harmful right from the off.

Banning alcohol just because it kills people is like saying we should ban cars because they also kill people... well only if people drive badly.

Ah, didn't read the previous posts then, the arguements were for making other drugs legal, not for making alcahol illegal.

I know of someone who has used heroin on a controlled basis for over 20 years. Admittedly, he is an exception, but it is wrong to say that other drugs **** you up from the start.

When I was doing youth work, we were actually taught to advise canabis users to use it neat rather than mixing it with tobacco, because the tobacco would be more harmful. That isn't entirely true, because the effect on the lungs from similar quatities of each would be greater with canabis, but you would never consume canabis in the same quantity as tobacco, unless you were a very heavy canabis smoker and a not so heavy tobacco user.

The arguements mainly centered around freedom of choice and government controls anyway.

Back