General I want a stilo but...

Currently reading:
General I want a stilo but...

I have actually been thinking about that phil strangely enough, as its somethign i will have to overcome as well hopefully. Theres only really two options, keep the airbags connected somewhere, or give the airbag light a feedback that has the sam rading, so if you could find out what kind of signal the airbag send, then we could work from there?

Jordan

The front drivers seat fits in from the alfa 166 as it has the same connections but I am told that the Bum on seat mat in the passenger seat they slip under the carpet under the seat when replacing the passenger side seat keep experimenting as the alfa seat is not quite what I had in mind ;)

A&R Jordan said:
I have actually been thinking about that phil strangely enough, as its somethign i will have to overcome as well hopefully. Theres only really two options, keep the airbags connected somewhere, or give the airbag light a feedback that has the sam rading, so if you could find out what kind of signal the airbag send, then we could work from there?

Jordan

My Schumi came without the seat sensor so it is always conected until you turn off at the bag key!
So there is a way to bypass the sensors.

Athos said:
My Schumi came without the seat sensor so it is always conected until you turn off at the bag key!
So there is a way to bypass the sensors.

Yes that does turn off the airbags on that side Athos but what I am aiming for is immobilising the seat airbags completely and just leaving the front airbags in the steering wheel and passenger side then I can fit some bucket seats without the airbage beeping at me and the warning coming up on the dash theres got to be a way its just finding it :chin: I find one sparks that said HE could do it but he wouldnt I asked him for instructions "HOW TO DO IT" but he said NO for your own safety :rolleyes:

PNL said:
The front drivers seat fits in from the alfa 166 as it has the same connections but I am told that the Bum on seat mat in the passenger seat they slip under the carpet under the seat when replacing the passenger side seat keep experimenting as the alfa seat is not quite what I had in mind ;)

Yeh ive read that post too :p

It'll get figured out sooner or later - if its sooner in your case let me know (y)

Jordan

PNL said:
Yes that does turn off the airbags on that side Athos but what I am aiming for is immobilising the seat airbags completely and just leaving the front airbags in the steering wheel and passenger side then I can fit some bucket seats without the airbage beeping at me and the warning coming up on the dash theres got to be a way its just finding it :chin: I find one sparks that said HE could do it but he wouldnt I asked him for instructions "HOW TO DO IT" but he said NO for your own safety :rolleyes:

One of the greeks here said they use bucket seats so they have a way to do it, fooling the ECU, so ask them.
Maybe bridging the conector with a resistor could do it.

Last edited:
:slayer:I*was dead lucky. Broom yellow 3 dr , bought as a 1.6.
Turned out it was a 1.8, The garage saw the 16v badge on the back, must have thought it was 1.6 YEEEEE HAAAAAA:D

Back