i want a new car

Currently reading:
i want a new car

Ok it's getting near summer and i want a convertible :D Looking for a puggy 205 (not the GTI, not very insurance friendly)...

Anyone know anything about them and whether i'd get a decent one for around £500? It's gonna be like a drive in summer, but also learn about cars job, so i guess some work needed would be ok (as long as i knew what it was!)

Mmmmmmm.... a nice red 205 cab :D

ben

bravo 1.6sx
looks: momo twin 17" alloys, debadged, smoked headlights, black side repeaters, black rear clusters, midnight window tint
feels: apex 40mm lower springs, apex sports shock's, k&n 57i induction
sounds: pioneer deh-7400mp, pioneer tse-6995 (rear)

i didn't know fiat did a 205 [:p]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2407186852&category=9859

close, but white ;)

GONE IN 60 MINS

since when was £1500 near £500? :D:p[}:)]

but yeah, white nasty... red or black (or the dark blue), but prefer the red. [:eek:)]

ben

bravo 1.6sx
looks: momo twin 17" alloys, debadged, smoked headlights, black side repeaters, black rear clusters, midnight window tint

Ben - for shame! What about brand loyalty... how about a Punto cabrio? Then all of that Fiat experience will not go to waste, and also you won't have to learn french to understand the car.

Good luck with the search - you might just get in early enough to beat everyone else who wants a convertible for the summer.

Have a good Weekend!

Of course! Forgot about them, but methinks they will cost quite a bit more... hmm, lets just go search

(off to search....)

(returns...)

£2000 cheapest so far ;) seems it will be a pug. I could only think of a few convertibles tho, 205, golf.. are there any more (old, cheap, but still good looking?)

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/www/cars_search.asp?modelexact=1&make=&min_pr=&postcode=ph1+1jg&source=0&model=&max_pr=500&variant=cabriolet&mileage=&miles=1500&sort=5&keywords=red&agerange=&max_records=200&search.x=20&search.y=10

top one is nice
ignore the bottom one

GONE IN 60 MINS

Whay hey! Now we're talking!

http://atsearch.autotrader.co.uk/ww...category=CARS&channel=CARS&id=200310078818087 - Nice!

But a bit big. i think i'm still better off going for the pug. (was a clio soft top ever released?) and what other cars were?

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx

yeah! thats nice, but a cti is high insurance. It seems i want a CJ (1.3 and low insurance).. trying to find an insurance co that allow 2 cars both using same no claims is hard. Churchill will (how nice) but cause i got mods on the bravo won't insure it... BUGGER!

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx

cool! that jeep looks nice... hmmmm... got money now, so just trying to find it. Incidently, for a car of this age, what sorta milage is ok?

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx

rite, after just getting off the phone to churchill, the CTi is back on, now i'm excited! woo hoo! :)

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx

hmmm, i think the insurance will kill that idea, but just in case, whats all the details? mk, color, price etc? :D

ben
rave.gif

bravo 1.6sx

Back