General I think I'm done with my 500

Currently reading:
General I think I'm done with my 500

Status
Not open for further replies.
A MiTo is a good suggestion, would probably enable best dollar for the 500.

I think the possibility of fitting new springs and new interior is way beyond any appetite I have for fixing my issues with the 500.

Slightly OT but I'm actually wondering if it's worth seeing if we can get a third party company to do things like uprated bushes, droplinks etc for the 500. I've been looking into aftermarket stuff for the Subaru and there are a couple of companies doing good quality stuff like for instance these alloy ARB droplinks for Subaru's which are just a tad better than the standard plastic ones.

droplinks.gif

I'm sure if they were supplied with an original part for the 500 that they could manufacture something better. One company also does adjustable ARB's, kits which add a bit of caster to the front suspension and various other bits and bobs and with the 500 being a popular model still in production and one likely to be modified in the future I'm sure it would be economical for them to make bits. They'd have to have a development car to do ARB's and anything which alters geometry of course but things like droplinks and bushes they could surely work off OE parts?

i know Powerflex were looking at doing a bush kit

yep they can offer those too - call them, the more they get asked the more likely they will develop them
I've got an ongoing development project with PowerFlex at the moment on my VXR.

Talk with Paul Solbe - Product Manager - 01895 460 033 (PowerFlex)

To bring projects forward they normally need a commitment for around 50 cars

Luxy

Just a thought but it sounds like you might have the seat squab adjuster set too hard.

I have mine on the soft setting and I get quite good support. On the hardest setting, like you said - it feels like you could fall off it on a tight corner.

wait until next year and get a facelifted panda 100HP or whatever it's replacement is to be. It's less of a barstool than a 500 lounge. You'll get best trade-in on the car when trading a FIAT for a FIAT.

wait until next year and get a facelifted panda 100HP or whatever it's replacement is to be. It's less of a barstool than a 500 lounge. You'll get best trade-in on the car when trading a FIAT for a FIAT.
the Panda isn't being replaced next year. Probably 2011 at the earliest. The Panda facelift should already be in production.

the Panda isn't being replaced next year. Probably 2011 at the earliest. The Panda facelift should already be in production.
Panda facelift is due for 2nd half of 2010 with phase in of twin cylinder engine planned at the same time.

You know that I know about the facelift which was phased in in the last few months as I was posting to threads discussing it over on the Panda sub-forum.

Luxy

Just a thought but it sounds like you might have the seat squab adjuster set too hard.

I have mine on the soft setting and I get quite good support. On the hardest setting, like you said - it feels like you could fall off it on a tight corner.

if you mean seat height adjustment, I have this on the lowest possible setting (I'm 6'3" and have opening sunroof!), it still feels like I'm sitting on a mushroom.

You know that I know about the facelift which was phased in in the last few months as I was posting to threads discussing it over on the Panda sub-forum.
Well yes. But as it shows the facelift is already for sale and therefore almost certainly in production already. It's on fiat.co.uk so if you buy one now you'll get a series 2.

The next gen Panda is going to get bigger so as to make room in the range for the Topolino and the lengthened Panda platform ut will use is supposed to be the base for the Giardiniera.

I'd say it's going to be at least 18 months plus till we see the next Panda.

You buy a new 9 - 12 grand car you should not the really have to start pissing about with springs, dampers etc. Much of the problems must come from our shoddy pot holed, surface dressed pieces of crap that pass as roads. Go almost anywhere in Europe and it's a different story. Still as long as M&S and Sainsburys are doing well, the country's ok.
I can't say I've ever felt like I'm falling out of my Pop seats , the least supportive of all. I think the back end would be telling you to slow down way before you fall off your seat.

Well yes. But as it shows the facelift is already for sale and therefore almost certainly in production already. It's on fiat.co.uk so if you buy one now you'll get a series 2.

The next gen Panda is going to get bigger so as to make room in the range for the Topolino and the lengthened Panda platform ut will use is supposed to be the base for the Giardiniera.

I'd say it's going to be at least 18 months plus till we see the next Panda.
topolino is on indefinite hold and panda isn't getting bigger as UNO has to slot in between it and grande punto..

The fact that they've had actual cars testing tells me that the Topolino is probably still go for production. Fiat don't start driving around in actual prototypes until very very late in the whole development process so i'd bet that the Topolino will be launched at one of the big shows next year.

fiat-topolino-covered.jpg

http://www.italiaspeed.com/newsite/futuremodels.htm

Tbh I trust Italiaspeed and they say the Panda is going to be a lengthened one. A Giardiniera only makes sense if they're going to have a lengthened platform and that only makes sense if you're going to do it for a model which is going to sell in great numbers ie a Panda

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back