i really did buy a new car this time.

Currently reading:
i really did buy a new car this time.

jug

blessed are the apostates
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....ndexURL=0&photoDisplayType=2#ebayphotohosting

finally i'm a 156 owner :slayer:

de7c_3.JPG

it needs a bit of tidying up so i'm keeping it off road for 3 weeks while i give it the full treatment inside and out.

This post contains affiliate links which may earn a commission at no additional cost to you.
Looks nice - i havent seen those arches/kit before (kinda remind me of the later rover/mg things :p ). My brother looked at those a couple of months ago - i still can't believe you can get so much car for the money. Its a really good silver as well, very white not a dull grey silver.

Alex.

no i paid cash (£1500) to end the auction early. i'm keeping the bravo for a few weeks until i'm sure the 156 is a worthy replacement. i think the bravo will go in the autotrader on the 5th of august complete with all its mods, but to be honest i want to keep it, just cant afford insurance for both.

LOL @ custard ;)

nice buy, doesn't matter what shape of alfa it is and what engine, its the red leather stitched interior makes it. never seen that kit before either, must have cost a few bob when new ;)

I'm also thinking of a 156 as my next car (down to earth next car, not dream homebuilt machines), but the sportwagon, with th 2.4 diesel, whcih is rare, and with the estate back end, rarer than rocking horse droppings :bang:

I'm also thinking of a 156 as my next car (down to earth next car, not dream homebuilt machines), but the sportwagon, with th 2.4 diesel, whcih is rare, and with the estate back end, rarer than rocking horse droppings :bang:

rare and very expensive, that would be the most desirable 156 on the market. i'd love a 2.4sportwagon :slayer:

bravowes2 said:
so how much u lookin at sell the hlx for then
check the autotrader website on 5th august ;)
i'm thinking £1500, which is a lot for a 98 bravo i know, but my bravo is more than a lot better than your average bravo.

Last edited:
I've seen quite a few 2.4 sportwagons (in the obligatory red) going for under £3k locally and private, non with anything wrong with them or extreme milage.
If I'm stuck with a petrol alfa it'll be a 147 1.6ts, the 2.0 is just daft on insurance (17!).
If I could actually get insurance on a proper car I'd already have an Audi URs6 by now (n)

I've seen quite a few 2.4 sportwagons (in the obligatory red) going for under £3k locally and private

you can pick up an ok condition 98/99 model 2.4 for £2000. but you could get a much better condition 2.0twinspark of the same age for £1500. i know thats only £500 difference, but its also 33% more. the real problem is finding a good 2.4. there's plenty of twinsparks to choose from, whereas a quick search in autotrader shows there are currently only two 2.4s within 60 miles of me, and they're both crap spec.

Not a car for an introvert!!! At that price you can't go wrong.
I did look at a Diesel saloon in the 156 run out, the 4 pot, but din't coz although 12K was not alot for the car, you would have to suffer it being worth 2 K in a year or two. I looked at an estate as well and I think it had less room inside than the saloon, so after that the Marea continued to be our everyday car.

Renegade_8 said:
Not a car for an introvert!!!
yes it does scream "look at me" at the top of its voice :)

Hope you still stay on here too! (y)
i've been a member of a lot of forums over the years but i think this is easily the best, so i'm sure i'll stay.

as fiat own alfa (and i've already found a hell of alot of similarity to my bravo mechancially and electronically) maybe we should have an alfa section? we've got everything else so why not. then i could put myself forward for mod and finally feel the addictive rush of banning someone :D

Back