Technical I need help urgently!!

Currently reading:
Technical I need help urgently!!

EdwardHooper

I have a fiat seicento Michael Schumacher edition.

I was driving around for about 3 minutes on a cold engine, I pulled forwards and I heard a loud crunch and I had thought I had driven over a rock but then I saw oil on the grass so I reversed to get back into the parking spot and then I tried to drive forwards to straighten up but the car would not move, I tried to push it but it felt like the handbrake was on every time I pushed it (the car would not move at all as well) I am certain it’s the gear box as the oil smells very strong, I also have no mechanical history so I have no idea what to do.

If anyone could help me I would be so great full. Please reply ASAP as I am going away soon and need to get the car fixed.

Cheers - Edward

Does the engine still run with no abnormal noises. Check under the car in between the drive shafts,check for oil leaking,also for holes in the casing,or aluminium metal on the ground. Possible crown wheel given up,but not the end of the world. Can you move gear stick into all gears with engine off,does it feel normal.

Does the engine still run with no abnormal noises. Check under the car in between the drive shafts,check for oil leaking,also for holes in the casing,or aluminium metal on the ground. Possible crown wheel given up,but not the end of the world. Can you move gear stick into all gears with engine off,does it feel normal.

Yeah the engine sounds fine the gear shifts normal with the engine off, the oil did come out very fast

Cheers

Need to jack it up and find out were the hole is. Most likely some were between the drive shafts area.

I have had a closer look and found a hole in the gearbox housing ☹️

Unfortunately I now need a new gearbox

IMG_3734.JPGIMG_3732.JPG

Thank you for the help, I just need to find a gear box now

Back