I NEED A JOB!

Currently reading:
I NEED A JOB!

Grrr, I am going mad! Parents on at me and I just want to say "f**k off" to them because they are arrogant twits right now :(

Anyway, can anybody offer me any work around Nottingham? Wage irrelevant aslong as it's above min wage obviously...

I don't mind doing pretty much anything. Read desperate ;)

CV on request in PDF.

So far I have:

Signed up to 2 recruitment agencies
Applied to a petrol station and followed it up well but they obviously are just wasting my time.
Applied to 2 other shops and not bothered to follow up
Spent hours on thisisnottingham.co.uk (local paper jobs site)
Spent hours on jobcentre plus website
(Some to phone up about but no one to speak to until monday at those places)

Now going to staples stationary place because I like it there
Also might go to town and throw my CV around a few places

Really pissed off right now....especially with parents. I don't like job hunting much and it shows. I want a job, but would prefer it without filling in 30 different application forms with the same f-ing questions!

Rant over/

Also would love some work at home data entry work;);)

Somebody have pity.

Yes, i do know, the mass majority of people on here are students who can't offer work but hey, it's worth a try.

Paul

----------
Uno 1.0ie Start. Standard.
ff_banner.jpg

I want out of my current s***ty job (unloading lorries in a B&Q distribution centre). I'm seriously considering not turning up next week 'cos the work is insanely tedious, the entire place staffed by complete and utter morons who can barely tie their own shoelaces, and I'm having severe difficulty stopping myself from hitting my "Team Leader", who is the most miserable, arrogant, cocky w***er I've ever met [}:)]

So if anyone knows of any decent jobs in the Doncaster area with pay of £5+ per hour that don't involve working with losers and society's rejects, let me know ;)

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
JB3.jpg
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif

WahoO! I got somewhere, staples have a job in the IT area which is perfect for me, don't know pay/hours/anything but they gave me an app form and i just spent 45 mins filling it (bloody essays I tell thee!) and dropped it back down to the general manager. He said he won't have time to look at it until monday so....

Well, I am quite optimistic, he seems positive, we'll see I guess. Now I am out of time to go into town to give out my CV so will have to go tomorrow :( At least parking is easier :D

Jonny, I know I am not the best person to say this (i.e. never had a proper job) but isn't it true that most jobs like this are going to involve tw*ts?!?

----------
ff_banner.jpg

Nice 1 Paul, ring them on Monday aft and chase it up.

Admittedly I am doing the type of job that attracts knobheads, but it was a case of taking the first available job as I was skint :(

Now I'm hunting for something in a call-centre, so long as it's inbound calls and not cold calling (done that before, it sucked!)

Anyone used the Job Centre webs**te (www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk)? It's unbelievably crap! I searched for jobs within 10 miles of where I live (Hatfield, near Doncaster) so I'd expect jobs in Doncaster, Thorne, Askern etc. NOT in York, Leeds, or Huddersfield - which is where half the search results are! [}:)][:(!]

<font color="navy">Punto 55SX
http://j-k.hotfire.net</font id="navy">

bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
JB3.jpg
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif
bananadance.gif

Unfortunately for the first half of your working life you will no doubt end up working for someone who is stoopid and has no common sense. Then for the second half of it you will be the twit bossing everyone else around ;). Unlike me who just gets to be boss-woman anyway :). Good luck with the app Paul!

<font color="violet">
. o O Helz O o .

Proud owner of a silver Baby Brava with shiny silver accessories
</font id="violet">On the way: Air induction, 'Zorst, Skull and Crossbones tyre valve covers​

Yeah, good luck mate!

I got a lucky break back in 1994, having done the rounds knocking on accountancy practices with CV in hand. I felt like giving up many a time!

New Fiat Ulysse 2.2JTD Eleganza, in silver, with options :D

Cheers guys and girls, my fingers are crossed (and toes), think I have to go to town tomorrow AM but think I have a cold coming on :(

I like staples, although there are two blond guys knocking around there that seem to think they could beat me in a FF hottie competition and look like they are training to be hairdresses...:p;)

The others seem nice though :)

----------
ff_banner.jpg

.. as does our local Pizza Hut (and you get tips there also!)! [:eek:)]

New Fiat Ulysse 2.0JTD Eleganza, in blue, with options! :D

JK_Ulysse_back2sig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_frontsig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_backsig.jpg

That would be my last desperate choice, a fast food place. Do you now realise who I am?!;):D Seriously, those places will be the last choice for me, I have a CV brimming with awards, qualifications, etc. etc. but no damn experience :(

----------
ff_banner.jpg

... so you need to get the experience, and as is typical with such dilemas, you'll have to get it whereever you can. I had a year selling fish and cooked meats part time before selling electrical goods part time then full time for a couple of years before getting into the industry I wanted to be in.....

Sorry, but you can't afford to be too choosy when it's experience you lack!

John ;)

JK_Ulysse_back2sig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_frontsig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_backsig.jpg

I wish you luck, and let me know if you get it as we buy a lot of stuff from our local Staples and someone with a staff discount could become my friend! :D

Mind you my 16 year old daughter is trying the same thing woth our local Staples (amongst other things), and if she gets in we'll be using her discount! ;)

John ;)

JK_Ulysse_back2sig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_frontsig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_backsig.jpg

Yeh, I agree with John, at least get something under the belt (even if its crap pay) i'm sure then you won't have a problem in getting a good job with good money.

Have you ever thought of working outside your home town as well, I live in Luton and work not far off from London and I get good money for what I do. Its worth looking into. :)

DONUT 1
Silver Punto 1.2, Bodykit, FOX Evo 6 Alloys (16's), lowered 40mm, 2 twin stainless steel exhaust system - The b*ll*x!!!

Two discounts can't be bad :p;)

Thanks for the luck, my fingers are crossed, i'm in bed with a cold right now so trip around town for jobs has been postponed :( Oh well!

I must have spent hundreds on stuff from Staples so I deserve a reward now! The application was a long one though...

----------
ff_banner.jpg

Donut, you're a friend for life - it's not often that people agree with me in a public forum (it's not that often people afree with me anywhere, and if it's my wife or children, they never agree with me!)!!!

I'm going to print and frame that !! :D

John ;)

JK_Ulysse_back2sig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_frontsig.jpg
JK_Ulysse_backsig.jpg

Staples didn't come back to me, nor would the manager speak to me the two times I followed up....*insert rude word here*

Spent hours walking passed every shop I know of in town (up and down each road!) and in the two areas near where I live; Mapperley and Sherwood. Nothing except a possible at "the works" - waiting reply...

Tried 3 recruitment agencies and several more jobs, none interested in me. Recruitment agencies said I should have signed up in June/too many students already.

However, struck it lucky yesterday, walked into Kelly Services, felt really uncomfortable but explained I:

- Wanted ANY job
- Have no experience
- Don't care how many hours
- Have a car to travel/can use it for work
etc.

They photocopied CV there and then, told me to come back thursday 9am (speak to Paul) with NI card, passport and bank details. :D Hopefully promising.

Now only problems are:

I hurt my back yesterday (recurring climbing injury :( ) starting up an old cultivator
Where to park! Do I go for the 1 hour parking within 5 mins walk or the 2 hour parking within 10-15 mins walking distance?!

Decisions decisions

----------
ff_banner.jpg

Back