General I Love My Little Car

Currently reading:
General I Love My Little Car

Came home tonight along the B4040 & B4039 from Chippenham instead of the boaring M4 to Bristol today and I must say, it's the first time since "the incident" I've had a properly good drive home.

The road is pretty twisty, undulating & above all it was clear and I haven't had so much enjoyment from driving for 12 months now, the little 500 was ace fun, so much enjoyment maintaining the momentum to keep up a decent average seed in the little 1.2 Pop.

Sorry, pointless post, but finally i'm starting to enjoy driving again.(y)

Came home tonight along the B4040 & B4039 from Chippenham instead of the boaring M4 to Bristol today and I must say, it's the first time since "the incident" I've had a properly good drive home.

The road is pretty twisty, undulating & above all it was clear and I haven't had so much enjoyment from driving for 12 months now, the little 500 was ace fun, so much enjoyment maintaining the momentum to keep up a decent average seed in the little 1.2 Pop.

Good stuff :)

I enjoy driving my car too.

Everyday I take a little detour on some B roads for about 5 miles to get away from the traffic but to also enjoy my drive rather than have it be a boring commute

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=Ffordd+y+Graig&daddr=B5381%2FLower+Denbigh+Road&hl=en&geocode=FY6TKwMdftTL_w%3BFfiRLAMdwGDL_w&mra=mi&mrsp=1,0&sz=13&sll=53.23851,-3.479748&sspn=0.091949,0.2635&ie=UTF8&ll=53.214051,-3.446617&spn=0.092002,0.2635&z=13

LOVE this corner :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...Sk-Yw9YRGUOxFi0THgfw0A&cbp=12,232.76,,0,11.92

Any nice streetview pictures of good corners from your commute? :)

Good stuff :)

I enjoy driving my car too.

Everyday I take a little detour on some B roads for about 5 miles to get away from the traffic but to also enjoy my drive rather than have it be a boring commute

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...=53.214051,-3.446617&spn=0.092002,0.2635&z=13

LOVE this corner :)

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?f=d&s...Sk-Yw9YRGUOxFi0THgfw0A&cbp=12,232.76,,0,11.92

Any nice streetview pictures of good corners from your commute? :)

great post :D

been driving an old Cinq Sporting around the last few days and loved every minute of it despite it being a lot slower and less capable than the 500

sometimes it's not about going fast but enjoying the character :cool:

What was the incident??

I am thinking im going to keep my 500 for a while when the baby comes as i dont want to get rid, if i am still struggling then i will get rid but only for a RAV4 or BMW 1 series!

Now I've got used to my 500, it's definitely fun to drive! I love the precise steering (especially when powering round roundabouts ;)) and I enjoy the long, sweeping sliproad off the M56 towards Manchester Airport - steer with the throttle and feel the grip!

I love my car as well!
"It looks great" is always nice to hear from a stranger at a Tesco petrol station.
Just last night a guy asked for a cheeky look inside and out, genuine interest in my 500 always puts a smile on my face.

It's slow, rattles like hell, handles badly and is moderately over priced.

But I do somewhat like it :D

rattles like hell?!...how old is it?!....mine feels quiet, solid and very robust!!!...'build quality' impresses me!

When you get chance to push the 500 you really do have fun. Its obviously not a drivers car but its more fun for more of the time than my Fiat Coupe.

rattles like hell?!...how old is it?!....mine feels quiet, solid and very robust!!!...'build quality' impresses me!

If only there was somewhere I'd written down when I ordered/picked up the car ;)

Rattles atm are;

Buzzing from both doors next to ear- stops when top of door card is tapped
Creaky drivers seat
The really annoying on is a squealy-rattle type noise from the boot area when going around right hand corners, ie. roundabouts.

If only there was somewhere I'd written down when I ordered/picked up the car ;)

Rattles atm are;

Creaky drivers seat
The really annoying on is a squealy-rattle type noise from the boot area when going around right hand corners, ie. roundabouts.

most cars have little rattles.....mine has a cpl of dash board buzzes, but no rattles...and im obsessed with/hate any rattles...these are well within my tolerance!...

500 feels like a very very solid little car.... i love mine too!

I love my car too. I deliberately drive the long way round to places just to drive it further and so more people can see it!

The other day I was stopped at lights with the roof down and a bloke in the next car wound down his window and said I had a beautiful car.

That wouldn't have happened in my old Peugeot! Made me smile for the rest of the journey. :D

I love it so much that I kept it after getting pregnant (again) and now struggle with two car seats! It is some sacrifice.... Washed, cleaned and waxed it last weekend so it looks sparkly despite the numerous dents and scratches - it is over 2 years old and the people so inconsiderate when parked in multistorey car parks :( Still love it to bits!

Rattles atm are;

Creaky drivers seat

Try spraying a bit of wd40 on the welded hinge under the drivers seat. The assembly is basically the same as the passenger one that lifts up but it looks welded so it cant be lifted on the drivers and therefore the hinge squeaks. Worked for me. This is the best car I have had for interior rattles. None except the seat which is now sorted after 2years of ownership

I had a great drive in mine yesterday. An accident on the A34 forced me to negotiate the journey on smaller A roads and it was brilliant, didn't actually take much longer and was such a lovely drive.

Will be my chosen route every time now :D

I love my little car as well.

Had a great drive through the Herefordshire countryside the other week, lovely handling (with coilovers set on 'Race') I was getting jiggled over all the bumps but god did it stick to the road well :slayer:

For a 1.2 Petrol with 69 BHP I can honestly say I enjoy it as much as the 300 BHP VXR, in fact, I think I enjoy it more as I dont have to worry about reigning in the speed so much.

The only downside though when enjoying the car is the hazzard warning lights flashing manickly before a sharp corner :rolleyes: when having fun its very (unneccessarily) attention seeking :rolleyes:

LOOK AT ME !!! - WWOOOOOOHHHOOOOOOOOOOO (Flash Flash Flash Flash Flash) WEEEEEEEEEEE

Lol :D

Last edited:
I love it so much that I kept it after getting pregnant (again) and now struggle with two car seats! It is some sacrifice.... Washed, cleaned and waxed it last weekend so it looks sparkly despite the numerous dents and scratches - it is over 2 years old and the people so inconsiderate when parked in multistorey car parks :( Still love it to bits!
Congrats hun, in the same boat expecting two. Hubby and I, love this little car with big personality around the city driving. Love this car and my hubby.

Back