05072008589.jpg

I know it's not a Fiat but I think you'll like it

Introduction

We got this alfa 166 3.2v6 24v lusso 6 speed a while back through salvage.. (been through a large puddle, sucked in water and broke a con rod)
55 plate. 26000 Miles. Basically the GTA engine but i think its 240bhp and the GTA is 250.

Anyway after a lot of hard work taking the engine out and repairing it etc it's now back on the road...dad took me out in it before and buggar me its awesome!

Goes like stink and looks gorgeous!

Thats basically the gist of it...just thought you lot might like to have a gander :)

Theres the odd pic of our old Gt Junior and 156 2.5 v6 on there too :)

i think the original 166 was the ugliest alfa of modern times, but the 2003 facelift really saved it and made it a competitive car. if you want a luxury cruiser then you'll have a hard time finding a better car, but few people considered it when looking for a car in that sector. i bet most people have never seen a facelift 166, either on the road or in any promotional material, so its no real surprise that sales were so poor.

i think the original 166 was the ugliest alfa of modern times, but the 2003 facelift really saved it and made it a competitive car. if you want a luxury cruiser then you'll have a hard time finding a better car, but few people considered it when looking for a car in that sector. i bet most people have never seen a facelift 166, either on the road or in any promotional material, so its no real surprise that sales were so poor.

Aye you're right. Ours is the first one I'd ever seen...They apparently changed quite a fair few suspension components etc and completely revised it, wasn't just a prettier facelift. Remember clarkson raving over it when they first came out but never really saw any in the flesh :(

Then again it's nice to have a rare car in the family :)

Last edited:
ya not very well known and you ca pick them up now cheap as chips with plenty of kit!! I quite like them!!!

You can't pick these 166 facelifts up cheap. Last one I saw was an 04 with 60000 miles for £12000 and someone my dad knows paid £15000 for his 2.0 ti 166.

Can pick 156's up cheap though.

Last edited:
You can't pick these 166 facelifts up cheap. Last one I saw was an 04 with 60000 miles for £12000 and someone my dad knows paid £15000 for his 2.0 ti 166.
an 04 with 60k can easily be bought for £4000-5000.
http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...N-144-240-4294965488-4294967222/search.action

there is none advertised for more than 10k on autotrader (and thats for a 55reg with 17k) so that is a good sign that there is no 166 worth more than £9-10k in reality.

Last edited:

I live in a different country..there is a little flag that lets you know! Over here you can pick them up relativley cheaply compared to there retail price and £15000 would seem to be over priced!(y)

I live in a different country..there is a little flag that lets you know! Over here you can pick them up relativley cheaply compared to there retail price and £15000 would seem to be over priced!(y)

Hmm I may well be wrong but I'm just saying what I've seen and known the odd one to go for. :)

http://search.autotrader.co.uk/es-u...A+ROMEO&model=166&min_pr=&max_pr=&max_mileage=

The cars you're looking at are not even comparable really.
This 10 grand ti is the only thing close to ours on there. Pretty much the same car to look at except its only a 2.0 ti.
So actually I'm probably right with the 10-12 grand valuation on our car and I do agree that 15 grand on a ti sounds and is ridiculous but thats just what I've been told!

Last edited:
Back