General i got one!!

Currently reading:
General i got one!!

craigduke

bought today a red 100hp for 5995 from a skoda garage in london px my fiesta ghia y reg 74000 miles on clock for a 1000 the hp isa 2008 57 with 11000 miles on clock did i get a good deal?? only a couple of things no jack??? locking wheel nuts yes towing things yes but no jak!! also thought there was something wrong because evey time i started up and drove off there was this clunck but have been told its the central locking closing the doors??? i also noticed the high level break light has a light missing can this be replaced?? im loving it it has done over 200 miles today to get me home no probs

bought today a red 100hp for 5995 from a skoda garage in london px my fiesta ghia y reg 74000 miles on clock for a 1000 the hp isa 2008 57 with 11000 miles on clock did i get a good deal?? only a couple of things no jack??? locking wheel nuts yes towing things yes but no jak!! also thought there was something wrong because evey time i started up and drove off there was this clunck but have been told its the central locking closing the doors??? i also noticed the high level break light has a light missing can this be replaced?? im loving it it has done over 200 miles today to get me home no probs

The jack and other bits should be in a little bag that's velcro'ed to the carpet in the boot. You have to be careful to jack a 100HP up in exactly the right place - arrows on side skirts. The clunk sounds weird to me - never happened on mine in 13000 miles over 15 months. Is it worse if you start off with quite a bit of lock on? The central locking from inside is run from the driver's door handle - pushing this in locks everything, pulling it out unlocks everything - pulling any of the passengers' handles out only unlocks that door. There is sometimes a double clunk from the door locks as you open a door from outside after unlocking - not sure why, but not as you pull away.

There's row of five 5 watt WSW-type bulbs - the little jobs with the flattened ends. You take the whole light unit off the tailgate, unplug it, unclip the bulb holder strip and replace the faulty bulb.

As long as the warranty's in place and the clunk isn't something important in the drive train it sounds like a fair deal and you'll have a lot of fun with it.

If you go through the menus on the 100HP you will see an option to lock the doors when it reaches a certain speed (I think it's 5 or 10 mph). I suspect that it is enabled on your car.

Well I never. But what's the use of that - to prevent someone running alongside at more than 10 mph from opening a door?

If you go through the menus on the 100HP you will see an option to lock the doors when it reaches a certain speed (I think it's 5 or 10 mph). I suspect that it is enabled on your car.

Its 20km

Well I never. But what's the use of that - to prevent someone running alongside at more than 10 mph from opening a door?

No, so that when stopped in traffic or at lights so no-one can car-jack you or open passenger door and take laptop on it etc.

Don't understand - if it locks at 20kph how does it stop someone nicking from stationary car? Or does it lock and stay locked?

Yes it stays locked, until you use the door handle to unlock it. As stated above it stops people from opening your door when you stop at lights etc.

I think its a great idea, especially for female drivers.

Yes it stays locked, until you use the door handle to unlock it. As stated above it stops people from opening your door when you stop at lights etc.

I think its a great idea, especially for female drivers.

Agreed. We have this enabled on our Panda and on the Golf. Great idea. Locks on the way up our road and remains locked until a handle is pulled. The Golf auto unlocks when the ignition is turn off. A useful thing on the Golf but not on the Panda is the 2 press to unlock - 1 press unlocks just the driver's door, 2 presses unlock all the doors.

Well done craigduke, sure you'll have a lot of fun with the 100HP.

Never knew about the locking thing either, thought I'd been through all the menu items, will have to have a look later.

Yep. I've got it activated on the Stilo also. Scares the crap out of unknowing passengers and stops people muck about on the college site and trying to jump in the car when your chatting to other friends etc.

It also stops anyone opening the boot when you stop in traffic. I don't have my auto-close set but I do sometimes lock the doors with the drivers door handle, depending where I am.

It also stops anyone opening the boot when you stop in traffic. I don't have my auto-close set but I do sometimes lock the doors with the drivers door handle, depending where I am.

Same here around town - but the automated version is a neat gimmick.

Same here around town - but the automated version is a neat gimmick.

I first had this on a Renault Clio in 2002, Renault call it RAID (Renault Anti Intruder Device) and subsequently on a Megane and a Smart car.

I think it's pretty standard on most cars nowadays. I can't remember if it was activated on my new Panda or I switched it on when I got it. I can remember going through the menu system when I got it as the clock wasn't right and I had to reset that.

Back