General i got issues

Currently reading:
General i got issues

Right, searched the forum already no joys,close but not quite there, my bonnet wouldnt open earlier i was not happy :cry: the cable hasnt snapped its just no longer on the clip. i tugged at the cable and the bonnet oppened, but wouldnt shut (n) so i moved part of the hinge on the mechanism into another place it now seems secure, but i cant get the cable back onto the leaver its really annoying :bang: :bang: any suggestions. as i dont want my bonnet to come open whilst im driving.

Then to make things worse i think my gearbox is rebelling against me:cry: as last night i kind of crunched second gear as thought the clutch was in but clearly it wasnt not a nice noise and since then whilst been in low revs in second, if i let it coast it will pop out of second and only when i go to accelerate do i hear a grinding noise, :cry: :cry: :cry: it doesnt look good for my punto

classic way to cause gearbox damage, if its popping out now it'll be popping out forever. i'd replace it.

you should oil the bit that is seizing on the bonnet release. the reason the cable came out in the first place is because the bonnet release was too rusty for the cable to pull. before reconnecting the cable you should use wd40 on the release mechanism. then the bonnet will shut properly first time, and open much more easily when pulling on the cable, thats when its ready to reconnect to the level, if the lever plastic hasnt snapped already where the cable connects to it.

jug said:
classic way to cause gearbox damage, if its popping out now it'll be popping out forever. i'd replace it.

you should oil the bit that is seizing on the bonnet release. the reason the cable came out in the first place is because the bonnet release was too rusty for the cable to pull. before reconnecting the cable you should use wd40 on the release mechanism. then the bonnet will shut properly first time, and open much more easily when pulling on the cable, thats when its ready to reconnect to the level, if the lever plastic hasnt snapped already where the cable connects to it.

i know, certainly not one of my brightest moments, so its a new gearbox :cry: :cry: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: thanks il give the cable a go when the rain stops :( just dont want the thing to open whilst driving :(

i dont blame you :)

expect to pay £75 for a gearbox (ask many scrapyards) and £100 to fit it (ask many local garages). i had to do mine last month :(

jug said:
i dont blame you :)

expect to pay £75 for a gearbox (ask many scrapyards) and £100 to fit it (ask many local garages). i had to do mine last month :(

i searched on the forum and prices were like £400-£500 but if its less than 200 that aint bad suppose :eek: :(

Back