i got D in maths gcse

Currently reading:
i got D in maths gcse

I guess some more effort on the coursework (if you can resubmit), and then you wont need to do really well in the exam to get what you need. Been a long time since I did my GCSEs back in 1993...

Stuart DemonD said:
Did my Maths GCSE in 1988 - got an A :D

Can you buy dodgy certificates on eBay?

surely that was an O-Level ??

I did my maths GCSE some time... I'm not sure when, but i got an A too... not so lucky in my A-level... only got a C and a C for further...

I got a D in my gcse maths and for some unknown reason wasn't allowed to do a resit in the November - so I re-did it in one of my free periods when I was doing my A levels and passed the next year - there was no coursework element to the grade tho on the one I did maybe things have changed in 10 years. They should let you do your A/AS levels if you are showing you're willing to re-take it if your other grades were C or above (My dad wks for sixthform n he accepts people on this basis)

EmSpem said:
They should let you do your A/AS levels if you are showing you're willing to re-take it if your other grades were C or above (My dad wks for sixthform n he accepts people on this basis)

Then they don't turn up drop out and get a job :eek:

jamie86 said:
Then they don't turn up drop out and get a job :eek:
Tut tut tut - those types of people really cause a lot of hassle for colleges and funding and courses and even can cause courses not to be able to run because there aren't sufficient atendees to get the funding for them - tis not good. I wked at the same college as my dad and saw it first hand.

EmSpem said:
Tut tut tut - those types of people really cause a lot of hassle for colleges and funding and courses and even can cause courses not to be able to run because there aren't sufficient atendees to get the funding for them - tis not good. I wked at the same college as my dad and saw it first hand.

Well I pay my Tax's now so help fund other's to do the same :)

Lol... I went to 6th form. I have NO sympathy for them whatsoever.

They got their funding for me, and I got my grades, but i didn't get them through the college.

I did my A-levels in 1yr simply cos I couldn't bare to be at that 6th form any longer. it'd be interesting if they got my moneys though based on my a-level completion, cos it sure as hell wasn't them who taught me.

Got an A in maths and I have failed miserably in my attempts to get a job. College weren't that bothered about grades.

Yep, 1988 was GCSE - the first year they came, so it was all pretty new at that stage, with this stuff called coursework :eek:

I had done a GCE 'O' level the previous year, in English - only 14 at the time, got a B :p BUT then I was forced to retake it as a GCSE the next year, to achieve a B, lol.

jamie86 said:
Personally I think actuall experience of doing the job is better than a bit of paper saying you can do it that's why I dropped out of 6th form

Thing is there doesn't seem to be anything requires A levels... Gcse's get you an ok job and after that they want a bloody degree PLUS experience. Meh.:(

Back