General I fitted Sei stalks in Imola.

Currently reading:
General I fitted Sei stalks in Imola.

After my red Cinq got written off I missed my Sei stalks and being able to wash the rear window etc from them, plus they just feel better, so I fitted them.

This is not the easiest of jobs as its time consuming but can be done with some patience as there are about 18wires that you need to connect.

You need to transfere over the steering column which in itself is 4 bolts under dash and one in foot well. You need the shrouds and the connectors from the Sei column switch as this makes life easier when rewiring it all.

You may also notice the dash switchs are diff from normal and that's because they are from a Lancia Delta, but means that as I have freed up the two that were occupied by the rear wiper and wash buttons I can fit a front spot lampo switch for the lamps in the Abarth bumper. Its not clear there are its still to bright but the hazard warning switch lights up red, the others green which is a nice touch.
Imola_mods_0041.jpg

Imola_mods_0031.jpg

Aaron.

I got a guided tour of the old switchgear last weekend and thought to myself to move to that I would put the lights on everytime I tried to indicate, f**k that! LOL

Liam

Jamieboy said:
Is the ignition barrel an easy swap over? I looked at mine, (which, incidentally has never been aligned 100%), but noticed that there are domed bolts holding it in.

Anyway, I'd be very interested in doing this mod! Top job! (y)

ignition barrels of the same kind are easy to swap, and yea the bolts are doomed but easy to remove with mole grips and patience, the Sei Cinq barrels are not interchangeable so you need the whole steering column to change over and you must have the corresponding immobiliser otherwise the car will not start unless its chipped and the immobiliser function is left out.

HTH, Aaron.

Alex22 said:
Ah excellent mate (y) I know we talked about that, how long did it take you in the end?
I'm loving the gauges where they are, very nice touch! :)

Err hard to say the steering column itself is a really easy job as are the locks and immobiliser, the hard bit is wiring up the stalks from the switches as there are something like 18wires which are in some cases diff colours and some which don't seem to do anything as i left 2 connected to nothing which were used on the dashboard switches but are not needed with the stalks, everything works so feck knows.

It was time consuming, so i would say 10hours in total for everything from start to finish first time out or half that if doing it again, especially if there was another car to look at to compare.

You will if you are still going to put that turbo engine in your car going to have to remove the dash top steering wheel and dials to wire in the MF2 controller anyway, so expect all in maybe 12-15 hours removing refitting everything, MF2, fuel cut defender, wires into loom and rev counter, 2nd injector etc so not really being out out by doing switches at same time.

Aaron.

PS glad you like the gauges, the only position to make they truly usable i.e. in your eye line when driving, and still look factory, I posted up where to get the gauge mount before, think its about £10 and not a huge amount of work to fit.

Back