Technical I feel every hole in the road (Bravo)

Currently reading:
Technical I feel every hole in the road (Bravo)

Jeka5287

Hello guys,

nowdays my bravo wearing 195/50/15 tyres.
i had changed the shock absorbers to KYB, all the four, i didnt replaced the
springs, the springs are original.
while i driving i feel every small hole in the road, what can i do to make my drive more comfortable?

thank you,
Jek

:yeahthat:

And I also think the KYB (excel G) shock absorbers are actually a little stiffer than the standard shocks. This will make the ride slightly less bouncy, and firmer.

The Bravo ride is not the smoothest, even as standard. Something which the press weren't happy about, when the car was first released.

:)

as said already kyb gas shocks are stiffer compared to the standard shocks (smaller holes in piston), so they do make the ride a bit firmer (less bound and rebound).

also as said already the bravo has poor ride over rough surfaces at low speeds, which is a common complaint in the media. personally i think it is one of the best things about the bravo, but thats because i care about going round corners quickly, comfort isnt even on my list.

the other issue is your tyre profile, 50's are much firmer than 55's, the bravo uses 55's as standard on a 15" rim, when i had a bravo i used 195/50/15 tyres the same as you have and it made the ride much firmer compared to the 185/55/15 standard sized tyres. if you want more comfort you need to use 55s, and have the tyre pressure lower (at 30psi for example compared to the 35psi i would recommend for enthusiastic driving).

i had 45mm lowering springs as well so you can imagine what that was like, passengers would regularly tell me that my suspension needed fixing, the wimps :D

Last edited:
excuse me, what is WISHBONES?:eek:

S4P507.jpg

thank you very much for the picture.

yes i have replaced it to new one from both sides.

is there something else i can do?:confused:

is there something else i can do?:confused:

The original spec tyres/wheels/shock absorbers, would have been optimised by Fiat development engineers for comfort as its a family car.

Sounds like your mods have moved in the direction of improving handling. A stiffer suspension set up will do this but at the expense of ride quality.

Makes me wonder what you wanted from the mods? :confused:

Regards

He's only changed to 195/50 tyres and KYB shocks which are a slightly stiffer OEM shock.

Get a cushion to keep your bum comfy when you're sitting at home or work and enjoy your time in your bravo. Bunny's Bravo JTD is on 195/50R15 alloys but with only 30k is on original shocks. No complaints about its ride and certainly no complaints about its handling.

Back