I dont think this is right..... (tyres)

Currently reading:
I dont think this is right..... (tyres)

So i spent some time lying on the floor, rolling the tyre and watching the tread

Yes 1 side will work well - as it flows
The other side does work! and remember a few things

Water flows via path of least resistance
Direction of tyre on its travels
Slighty camber of the tyre

It does work

Yes a little water will be dragged into the middle - but the most will be still forced out
They should make them left and right, but hey it'll work so im not to worried

Ziggy

hmm i liked the tread pattern of the rainsport2 i hatted uniroyals back in the 90's because the rain tyre then relied on a centre bead but if a little stone got stuck in that bead they were lethal scared me into not liking any tyre with a centre bead. i was all set on getting mrs dave rs2's for summer but now every where is out of stock and these 3's are every where.
I don't trust the new EU fridge labels they give toyo t1r and e for wet, but personally i'd give them a b

Some labels are good and some are bad

I had some Toyo 350's

They had a Wet rating of E or F, quiet low, and i found out why one day approaching the roundabout, locked up badly, tyres fighting for there life, as was i
They couldnt cope

When i fitted some Firestone Multi-hawks on a C rating, the difference was clear and i was much happier with them!

And i was hoping to get RS2's
But for a B rated tyre that was more money vs the RS3 with an A and cheaper, i thought why not lol

Ziggy

Back