Technical i dont know my colour number!!!!!!

Currently reading:
Technical i dont know my colour number!!!!!!

The Mad Badger

Hello peeps. im new to the forum, so anyone who wants to give me any tips please feel free.
anyways, my problem.
i put my trusty 2001 brava 1.6 sx backward into a ditch and completely wrecked the boot hatch. so, i got shot of it and put a scrap one on to cover until i get a good one and can get it sprayed.
The day came, i stripped the paint off a nice one i got off ebay, then primed it. its now all wrapped up waiting for me to put paint on it.
BUT, i chucked away the old boot lid with the colour number sticker on it!
Do any of you loverly people know where i can get the colour number from??
i tryed halfords, and the colour they made me was wrong.
Im getting annoyed now! NOT ONLY IS MY SPELLING AWFUL.
BUT, im driving a metalic blue brava, with a red boot!

all help much appriciated.:worship: :slayer:

Last edited:
hello dave. er..... how do i put a pic on here? ive found a pic of a car with the same paint. but dint know what to do with it.

if its already on the net copy its address and click this button
insertimage.gif

if its save on your pc upload it to the gallery at top of page and copy n paste the code that will apear under it into this thread

Look for my posts on paint codes - you might be able to identify the paint by manufature date

ive found a pic of a car with the same paint.
copy the address for it (highlight the address bar at the top of your screen then press Ctrl and C on the keyboard) then paste it into a message on the forum (to paste use Ctrl and V on keyboard)

if it looks like this then its Heraldic Blue, which is code 483A if i remember correctly
exhaust1.JPG

even if you give halfords the correct code, your paint will be a crap match, their heraldic blue is much darker than it should be. go to a professional paint supplier for paint, not a glorified boyracer bodge hut.

Last edited:
CL400_WAGON_R_BRAVO_001.jpg
Ah Ha! ive worked it out! i know this is a brovo, but this is the colour, i looked at it from diffrent angles.
many thanks Tomaso, ill be looking at your posts shortly.
cheers

Last edited:
Back