Technical I crashed my punto and snapped my front axel

Currently reading:
Technical I crashed my punto and snapped my front axel

Coshstar

yeah just been for a cruise and must of came round a corner at 40 tried taking it two quickly. and i basically steered into a metal fence and broke my front steering arm now only one wheels (right side) turns. i looked and the arm is snapped in two. It dont look that bad. just wondering is 9this a costley job to do. It looks like it just neeed the rod to be bonded back togeather shall i go b ack to the fiat dealer for them to fix it ?

any advice is greatful

Punto 1.6 Turbo

i wudnt take a chance get a dealer to look at it or someone who knows what they are looking at, if you hit it hard enough to break it there's a good chance you bent a shock or knocked something out of alignment, it sounds like you only broke a track rod end to buy one maybe 10, 20 euro plus labour best to be safe and get it done properly you tracking will be out that will need to be set or your car will chew front tyres up and you'll be fighting to keep the car in a straight line.

colin

ahhh my friend tried telling me it would be about 200 pounds and that he would by my car off me for 500 pounds buts its worth much more than that. i hope it just one of the rods

thanks for ur advice mate

any other veiws B)[V]

Punto 1.6 Turbo

Back