General I am a prat!

Currently reading:
General I am a prat!

:D that is my worst nightmare! Whereabouts has it snapped off from, right flush with the roof? I thought you could unscrew the aerial for car-washing on the Mk 1s (y) ;)

Ems said:
:D that is my worst nightmare! Whereabouts has it snapped off from, right flush with the roof? I thought you could unscrew the aerial for car-washing on the Mk 1s (y) ;)

You can unscrew them, I just plain forgot!

Widdy said:
You can unscrew them, I just plain forgot!

Oops! :D oh well at least they're cheap to replace. I'm afraid I can't help you with how to get it off, not a job I had to do on the Mk 1 and the Haynes manual went with the car!

I dont see how you managed to do this, the ariel can lie flush with the roof, well mine does..how did you snap it off in a car wash???? I am lost

GhettoMoose said:
I dont see how you managed to do this, the ariel can lie flush with the roof, well mine does..how did you snap it off in a car wash???? I am lost

Quite easily, the brushes got behind it and ripped it from the car, it was broken from below the screw in bit so needs a whole new aerial.

There really is some force in those brushes.

Anyway I am taking it to a garage on monday, let them deal with it now.

If the roller goes over the top of the car front-to-back only then it's ok. It's when it goes back forwards that it starts ripping stuff off. Luckily my local one only goes one way - but I still hate going through it. Then again, considering I can't be bothered to fix my wipers I'll be damned if I'm going outside in this weather to wash the car myself :D

Ems said:
If the roller goes over the top of the car front-to-back only then it's ok. It's when it goes back forwards that it starts ripping stuff off. Luckily my local one only goes one way - but I still hate going through it. Then again, considering I can't be bothered to fix my wipers I'll be damned if I'm going outside in this weather to wash the car myself :D

I do not normally go to the car wash, but I had been driving behind a tractor that covered my car in a load of .... (well you can guess)! :D

Back