HU recommendations?

Currently reading:
HU recommendations?

I posted this on Talk Audio but they're obviously rubbish cos it's been 2 days and nothing..
I already have a JBL-2060 amp and anniversary 12" sub installed, plus upgraded my door and rear speakers to 3 ways - now I'm looking for a HU to replace my Sony R3350 which is on its last legs.

Basically what I'm looking for is:
Bluetooth connectivity so I can connect my iPhone and make/receive calls
iPod input so I can connect my 5G iPod video or iPhone in the glove box and listen to my music. I want a fast connection, and the ability to browse from the HU alone so I can leave the iPod in the glove box and forget about it
RCA out so that I can connect 6x9's if I decide I want them at a later date
Good quality sound and EQ customisability so I can fine tune the way I want it
Single DIN
CD/MP3 CD player (so Alpine X100 is out I'm afraid)
Good looks.. =P

Budget is £300.. and so far I have my eye on the Pioneer P800BT which I've seen for £269.

Any alternatives?

Ta

I wouldn't ever buy from Halfords.

I always thought Alpine's current range for iPods was only the X100, 200 and 300 which are like media jukeboxes or whatever they're called. I've had a look at the others though.. like CDE-9882Ri .. but can anyone tell me why they recommend it over the Pioneer?

Down to personal opinion on the interface. I personally prefer alpines over pioneers as i think the interface it better and i prefer the designs of them. Majority of alpines HU are ipod compatible now jsut need a £15 lead to get it working.

if you want a parabolic equaliser and multiple active crossovers then an alpine is definately your best bet.

if you want flashy lights to match your maxpower neons then go for a pioneer.

I don't have neons lol, and I've only gone on good reviews for the Pioneer. Are the parabolic EQ and active crossovers really noticeable on a pretty basic, low power system? And are they only included on the high end models? Like I said, I don't wanna pay more than 300, and when you start adding iPod leads and Bluetooth modules it starts to mount up.

Back