General ht leads

Currently reading:
General ht leads

lufcp

hi,if i take a ht lead off from the spark plug end should it make a change to engine running,its running a bit rough on start up,few seconds then ok,thanks

hi,if i take a ht lead off from the spark plug end should it make a change to engine running,its running a bit rough on start up,few seconds then ok,thanks
:doh: so hang on, you've taken one of the leads off? and now running it with all of them minus that one you've taken off? Yes, that will run like a bag of crap. Your only using half your engine...

Hey lufcp,

Do you mean taking the spark plugs off and then trying to start the engine without them being connected?

Orey

if so then yes like adam has said the car would run like a bag of bolts because your only using 3/4 of your engine

how long has it been since you serviced the car?

sorry guys what i mean is,with the engine ticking over and i take a ht lead off,should the engine stall or something,been having probs with juddering only 4 about 5 sec,then soulds like something kicks in and it runs fine,changed coils,plugs,leads new air filter,someone said it maybe the low tension switch what feeds the coils,any ideas

hi bredsticz,yeah ive cleaned the throttle body,still same prob,although car is faster now,how can i test the coils and ht leads,thanks

I think you can use a multimeter to test the HT leads by doing a continuity test (ohms reading) to check if there is any resistance in the lead as the there shouldn't be, just remove the HT leads completely and connect the multimeter to both ends if the reading comes up 0 the lead is fine.

I don't know about the coils though, i think this info will help though =]
http://autorepair.about.com/od/troubleshooting/ss/coil-test-ohm.htm

Orey

Back