how's this for jinxing a car

Currently reading:
how's this for jinxing a car

my mate just bought a very nice, yellow seicento sporting, i drove him to halfords in it today, halfway there, on the A1 in slow moving traffic it overheated.

30 seconds before this i said, it would be better if it had a temp guage because i like to keep an eye on mine, it's alright though it will have a temp light! then i noticed steam from the bonnet and the overheating light!

done it a couple more times aswell, both when moving slow, water in the oil :eek: got it on friday :(

Please dont asy youre thinking of becoming a mechanic!!!....

Water in Oil is a symptom only really possible through HG failure!

Did he buy it privately or from a garage? If he has a warranty then its a pain but shouldn't cost. If it's a private sale :cry: should have had it checked out by bloke with oil under his fingernails. I had a Renault that overheated a lot, it was the dreaded head gasket:bang:

Did he buy it privately or from a garage? If he has a warranty then its a pain but shouldn't cost. If it's a private sale :cry: should have had it checked out by bloke with oil under his fingernails. I had a Renault that overheated a lot, it was the dreaded head gasket:bang:

bought it privately, if it's the HG it must be in the early stages, the oil does look a lot more watery than on my punto, even smells a bit like the coolant which also looks very dark

i wish i could have sympathy for him, but buying a car that is very prone to HG failure and not checking for HG failure before you pay is very difficult to understand. you didnt jinx anything, he was asking for trouble and took a silly risk.

i wish i could have sympathy for him, but buying a car that is very prone to HG failure and not checking for HG failure before you pay is very difficult to understand. you didnt jinx anything, he was asking for trouble and took a silly risk.

yea that's very true, i told his dad this aswell, they also didn't know about the red key (if they have one, not sure) driver window had been smashed and doesnt close properly (not a big prob really) it's going to get seen to properly soon.

and i've already mentioned a 1242 conversion (y)

I put what i thought was pre-mixed screen wash in the washer bottle, it wsa coolant!!!! Stranger things have happened lol, although to pour oil in the coolant would take it to a whole new level :nutter: .

At least as its oil in water its an easy diagnosis, and not that bad.

Kristian

I put what i thought was pre-mixed screen wash in the washer bottle, it wsa coolant!!!! Stranger things have happened lol, although to pour oil in the coolant would take it to a whole new level :nutter: .

At least as its oil in water its an easy diagnosis, and not that bad.

Kristian

If it in the early stages and doesn't need the head skimmed :). Fingers crossed (y) .

Back