How to tint lights

Currently reading:
How to tint lights

puntoboi07

Hey ppl i bought the savage tint spray for my punto mk1 lights, tried sprayin them but it ended up running, good job i tried sprayin a repair part and not the one off my car lol. Any ideas of how to get a good finish? Thanks

Dont spray so close, and do light thin coats, even if it takes you forever.
Also make sure you scotch the area first and give it a clean :)

What is meant by scrotch the area and how many thin layers should you do, is there a legal limit to th darkness of the tint?

The scotch is a material used to rub down plastic and paint to provide a key so that paint has something to grip to, (very fine scratches) they come in various grades red is rough and only used before primer or 2k solid colour, grey is superfine, and light brown is ultafine, which is what you need,available from car accessory shops or paint suppliers, apply fine coats of the tinter until you are happy with the shade, Ant!

Buy some cheap red reflectors from Hellfrauds to stick on for MOT time. I used Savage spray for my lights and it took many, many coats for me to be happy with the results so as above, use thin coats and be patient. I think I used the whole can :(

i tinted the rear lights on my sei no problem... lots of thin coats... and then a few coats of laquer to help them look a bit more glossy

but my side wing indicators... the spray just ran off them... i had cleaned them and everything, but the tint spray just wouldnt stick to them :(

Back