General how to take the gear knob off

Currently reading:
General how to take the gear knob off

christoph

hi guys i have been given a new gaitor for my car and i have been try to find out how to swap them and my first idea was to take the gear nob off

but what i have read about lift reverse gear nobs is you have to cut it off or something

so is there anyway to get the gaitor on without killing my gear nob????

my car is a mk2 punto sporting

hi guys i have been given a new gaitor for my car and i have been try to find out how to swap them and my first idea was to take the gear nob off

but what i have read about lift reverse gear nobs is you have to cut it off or something

so is there anyway to get the gaitor on without killing my gear nob????

my car is a mk2 punto sporting

You dont need to chop it off

I asked before how to get it off and got told to pull it. Today i was pulling it and hit it a few times underneath with a wrench and then gave it one last pull and it came straight off so i would advise you to jus keep pulling

and is tht for the mk2 sporting with a 6speed gear box??? and if so does it stay on affter again or do you have to glue it on lol
cheers

and is tht for the mk2 sporting with a 6speed gear box??? and if so does it stay on affter again or do you have to glue it on lol
cheers

Mines a mia but my friend also did it with a standard 5 door. My one at the moment goes on if i hit it down n does not feel loose but i can pull it off easily

i glued mine down with industrial super glue..

It aint moving..

I tried to pull mine off but it wasn't having any of it, I whacked it from every angle stuck things up it but it still wouldn't move. So I just sawed it down the middle with a hacksaw then torn it off iirc.

Mine would not pull off for S***, so I got a heatgun on it, then used multi grips at the bottom of the knob to minimise damage, was reaaal easy in the end lol, just my hands were kinda hurting from trying to pull the gear knob off for like a half an hour previously before I tried the heat gun.

Back