Technical how to stiffen the rear torsion beam.

Currently reading:
Technical how to stiffen the rear torsion beam.

GDRIVER

the title says it all.when you look the rear torsion beam you see that is hollow and opened from one side. i went to a bright mechanic and i complaint about the roll of the car.he examined the rear suspension first then he proposed 2 solutons.the first was to add a sway bar (wrc design) and the second to attach to the open side of the torsion beam a piece of metal and argon it.i am leaning to the second solution.what do you think?

the title says it all.when you look the rear torsion beam you see that is hollow and opened from one side. i went to a bright mechanic and i complaint about the roll of the car.he examined the rear suspension first then he proposed 2 solutons.the first was to add a sway bar (wrc design) and the second to attach to the open side of the torsion beam a piece of metal and argon it.i am leaning to the second solution.what do you think?

What GP do you have my rear is firm as f*ck :p

Maybe try uprated shocks / springs / or coilovers?

i have the 95bhp.the back is very quiet and civilized and i like the riding of the car.i don't want to spoil this civilized behavior because i travel a lot.so the only path is not to put stiffer springs or coilovers but anit-roll bars or the torsion beam.is yours the 120 bhp?the t-jet has the fiat called ''sport springs''

silly me.you have the 1.9 multijet or should i say multi diamond.this also has the sport springs.

silly me.you have the 1.9 multijet or should i say multi diamond.this also has the sport springs.

OK I understand your conundrum now, good trick to reduce roll and keep the softer ride, the suspension isnt particularly sophisticated on the GP's it will be interesting to see how you get on.

Good Luck (y)

finally did it.i changed the front anti-roll bar with a total straight one 26 mm thick.i stiffened the rear torsion beam by adding a piece of metal to the hollow section of the beam and mouted a 22mm sway bar.the result is very impressive although it hasn't been calibrated totally.

How does that affect your low speed / rough surface ride quality?

well to tell you the truth my car is not that civilized as it was.it has much more sturdy reaction but the noise is unbarrable.the handling is easy as pie.the small bumps are very detectable but not as much as it would have been with stiffer springs and shocks.my steering wheel is also very responsive.now all i have to do is change my 17'' wheels for the 15'' ones.

inally did it.i changed the front anti-roll bar with a total straight one 26 mm thick.i stiffened the rear torsion beam by adding a piece of metal to the hollow section of the beam and mouted a 22mm sway bar.the result is very impressive although it hasn't been calibrated totally.
Hi,
When you replaced the front arb, was it from another car or manufactured ?
Thanks

Back